What's new

Best AV Receiver in the $400 to $700 Range? (1 Viewer)

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
805 vs. 806 Sorry, Onkyo does not allow direct access to model comparisons :frowning: .This is a comparison from the Onkyo web site but keep in mind that the info, even from manufactures web sites, isn't always 100% accurate. But it does look like they did make some interesting decisions. If video/hdmi is your main focus then the 806 might be a better choice. Might be. But if audio is more important then the 805, especially at current prices, should really be looked at.

Floyd

Agent
As far as I can tell the main improvement to the Onkyo 06 series is the conversion from all sources to HDMI 1080p. I think I am probably going to buy the 706. I found it on sale for $529 which is a huge savings over $899 msrp. I'll let you know how it all turns out.

Al_S

Second Unit
I just purchased the Onkyo 706 and tried to set it up this past weekend but wasn't getting a picture on my TV. I have a Spectre 46" LCD with HDMI in. I'm running a Sony PS3 and a Denon 3910 DVD player hooked up via HDMI. I got the Onkyo set up screen to come up but nothing from the PS3 or 3910. I'll check again tonight when I get home to see if I messed something up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks