What's new

Best Audio / Video Input? (1 Viewer)

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
Hi,
I was talking with another member about getting all my tapes (mostly Buffy tapes) on to CD-Rs. I have a new pentium 4 Dell and was just wondering about a good audio / video input card? I know nothing about them, so if anyone could help me out or point me in the right direction I'd be grateful.
Thanks,
JQ

Mike_Carroll

Agent
Jason,
I have had great luck with the DC 30 NTSC Capture/Playback card by Pinnacle http://www.pinnaclesys.com/ . However, you may want to look at the DC 1000, and if you can spend a little more, the DC 2000. This card allows you to capture an NTSC source as an AVI or Quicktime file. With the bundled Adobe Premiere that ships with the DC 30, DC 1000 and DC 2000, users can you create various transitions and effects and output it back to tape. You can also save it into a file for computer viewing or to write out to CD-R.
It supports S and Composite video, capturing an interlaced NTSC source at 29.97FPS with stereo audio up to 16 bits. The full 60 fields are maintained for playback. It is suggested to use this board with a dedicated HDD with a fast BUS. The faster you can capture and playback files, the least amount of compression you will need to apply.
The card is easy to install, and full support of their drivers are on the company's website.
Best regards,
Mike Carroll Jr.
Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks