Best ass whooping

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Howard Williams, Dec 2, 2001.

1. Howard Williams

Howard Williams Supporting Actor

I decided to spend the weekend with the Godfather trilogy. When I saw Sonny beating up Carlo in the middle of the street I said to myself, "Dam, that was a serious old fashion ass whoopin!!!" The final kick that sent Carlo into the gutter was.......beautiful.

Anyone care to chime in with some other notable fights or whoopin's? I mean mano a mano bouts. No guns or special effect. I know that automatically rules out one of my all time favorites (Neo vs. Morpheous) but all candiates for the legitmate ass whooping award should be between "real" people.

I know there are others but I can't think of them right now.

2. Sean Conklin

Sean Conklin Screenwriter

Even though Rocky won the fight, he got a SERIOUS Ass whoopin!

3. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

though quite old and doubtfully remembered, i've always been partial to the final fight scene between chuck norris and david carrdine (sp?) in "lone wolf mcquaid" i'm sure there are much better but for some reason, i've always loved this fight.

kevin t

4. Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel Producer

Some that immediately come to mind...
    Indiana Jones vs. the rather large bald-headed German soldier on and around the German aircraft in Raiders of the Lost Ark.
    Jake La Motta in Raging Bull taking apart Janiro. 'He ain't pretty no more.'
    The following are notable for the incredible amount of damage that, in real life, would probably land someone in the morgue.
    Roddy Piper vs. Keith David in They Live. Maybe the all time ass whoopin' champ, at least in terms of the amount of time the two contestants spend beating each other to a pulp.
    The final fight in any John-Claude Van Damme film would qualify. For me, one of the severest was J.C.s fight with Vincent Klyn at the conclusion of Cyborg.
    - Walter

5. Jason Whyte

Jason Whyte Screenwriter

Although not my favorite, I cringe everytime I see Tyler Durden get his ass ROYALLY whooped in Fight Club
    I Am Jay's Message

6. Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel Producer

In terms of being cringe worthy, I'd say that the fight in Fight Club that is the most troublesome is the beating that Angel Face ( Jared Leto ) takes. That particular segment is very unnerving.
    - Walter.

7. Nick Sievers

Nick Sievers Producer

The cop in Reservoir Dogs, and i'm sure Zed in Pulp Fiction would have had some painful times after that 'incident' [​IMG]

8. TheoGB

TheoGB Screenwriter

Do Bruce Lee movies count? [​IMG]

9. VicRuiz

VicRuiz Second Unit

They better count! I think Bruce Lee vs Chuck Norris at the Coliseum is the best fight ever made.

10. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    Robert DeNiro and Joe Pesci beating the air out of that guy who insulted Pesci in GoodFellas.

It's actually funny!

oh yeah...

Fiona's fight scene in Shrek. DTS is a must for that scene!

11. Michael Lee

Michael Lee Supporting Actor

Gary Busey got a serious bruisin' from Mel Gibson in Lethal Weapon. After that, Mel turned into a wimp in the sequels.

Also, Jet Li in Fist Of Legend, serious ass whooping was served in the finale.

12. george kaplan

george kaplan Executive Producer

Carol Kane on Bill Murray in Scrooged. [​IMG]

13. Jeff_A

Jeff_A Screenwriter

Many great ones mentioned here. A feel-good ass-whooping that always seems to fire me up occurs in Urban Cowboy. The very end when Travolta (deservedly) punishes Scott Glenn. Always makes me smile. [​IMG]

14. Kevin Potts

Kevin Potts Second Unit

Bruce Willis and Alexander Gudonov going at it at the end of Die Hard was pretty memorable.

15. Sean Conklin

Sean Conklin Screenwriter

But don't you guys agree that Rocky got one hell of a beating?

16. Jon_Are

Jon_Are Cinematographer

My first thought was Sonny in the Godfather. I would also point to Goodfellas, but the one Ray Liotta gives the neighbor across the street.

As for cringing, there is one scene that sticks out in all my years of movie viewing: In American History X, when Ed Norton introduces the would-be car thief to the curb. YEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Jon

17. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Actually, the ass kicking that Ed Norton gave himself in Fight Club has to rank up there (somewhere...). [​IMG]

18. Steve Christou

Steve Christou Long Member

Steve Christou
    Nothing beats the beating Roddy Piper and Keith David dole out on each other in 'They Live', which goes on forever, I'm pretty sure that brawl lasted at least 45mins, its a classic.[​IMG]
    Have to mention the fight between James Bond and Red Grant in 'From Russia With Love', which was superbly vicious for those times.
    Bruce Lee beating anyone up is impressive ass whoopin'.

19. Brett Hancock

Brett Hancock Supporting Actor

I agree with Sean Rocky did get his ass royally beat down. Peace

20. Jon_Are

Jon_Are Cinematographer

Let's not forget the whoopin' Jim Carey gave himself in the bathroom in Liar Liar.

"Whatta ya think I'm doin'??? I'm kicking my ass!!!"

Jon