What's new

Best ass whooping (1 Viewer)

Howard Williams

Supporting Actor
I decided to spend the weekend with the Godfather trilogy. When I saw Sonny beating up Carlo in the middle of the street I said to myself, "Dam, that was a serious old fashion ass whoopin!!!" The final kick that sent Carlo into the gutter was.......beautiful.

Anyone care to chime in with some other notable fights or whoopin's? I mean mano a mano bouts. No guns or special effect. I know that automatically rules out one of my all time favorites (Neo vs. Morpheous) but all candiates for the legitmate ass whooping award should be between "real" people.

I know there are others but I can't think of them right now.

Kevin T

Screenwriter
though quite old and doubtfully remembered, i've always been partial to the final fight scene between chuck norris and david carrdine (sp?) in "lone wolf mcquaid" i'm sure there are much better but for some reason, i've always loved this fight.

kevin t

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Some that immediately come to mind...
Indiana Jones vs. the rather large bald-headed German soldier on and around the German aircraft in Raiders of the Lost Ark.
Jake La Motta in Raging Bull taking apart Janiro. 'He ain't pretty no more.'
The following are notable for the incredible amount of damage that, in real life, would probably land someone in the morgue.
Roddy Piper vs. Keith David in They Live. Maybe the all time ass whoopin' champ, at least in terms of the amount of time the two contestants spend beating each other to a pulp.
The final fight in any John-Claude Van Damme film would qualify. For me, one of the severest was J.C.s fight with Vincent Klyn at the conclusion of Cyborg.
- Walter

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
Although not my favorite, I cringe everytime I see Tyler Durden get his ass ROYALLY whooped in Fight Club
I Am Jay's Message

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
In terms of being cringe worthy, I'd say that the fight in Fight Club that is the most troublesome is the beating that Angel Face ( Jared Leto ) takes. That particular segment is very unnerving.
- Walter.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
The cop in Reservoir Dogs, and i'm sure Zed in Pulp Fiction would have had some painful times after that 'incident' :)

VicRuiz

Second Unit
They better count! I think Bruce Lee vs Chuck Norris at the Coliseum is the best fight ever made.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Robert DeNiro and Joe Pesci beating the air out of that guy who insulted Pesci in GoodFellas.

It's actually funny!

oh yeah...

Fiona's fight scene in Shrek. DTS is a must for that scene!

Michael Lee

Supporting Actor
Gary Busey got a serious bruisin' from Mel Gibson in Lethal Weapon. After that, Mel turned into a wimp in the sequels.

Also, Jet Li in Fist Of Legend, serious ass whooping was served in the finale.

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
Many great ones mentioned here. A feel-good ass-whooping that always seems to fire me up occurs in Urban Cowboy. The very end when Travolta (deservedly) punishes Scott Glenn. Always makes me smile. :D

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
My first thought was Sonny in the Godfather. I would also point to Goodfellas, but the one Ray Liotta gives the neighbor across the street.

As for cringing, there is one scene that sticks out in all my years of movie viewing: In American History X, when Ed Norton introduces the would-be car thief to the curb. YEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Jon

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Actually, the ass kicking that Ed Norton gave himself in Fight Club has to rank up there (somewhere...). :)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Nothing beats the beating Roddy Piper and Keith David dole out on each other in 'They Live', which goes on forever, I'm pretty sure that brawl lasted at least 45mins, its a classic.:emoji_thumbsup:
Have to mention the fight between James Bond and Red Grant in 'From Russia With Love', which was superbly vicious for those times.
Bruce Lee beating anyone up is impressive ass whoopin'.

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
Let's not forget the whoopin' Jim Carey gave himself in the bathroom in Liar Liar.

"Whatta ya think I'm doin'??? I'm kicking my ass!!!"

Jon

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks