What's new

Best and Worst Fashion Statements Of All Time (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
My vote for two of the best:

Miniskirts and Thongs.

My vote for the worst:

The unbelievably unattractive "style" of women shaving off their beautiful natural eyebrows and then penciling them back on, thin as the edge of a dime. I guess this works okay for a small handful of women, but I generally find it ugly, bordering on self-abuse. Seems to have popular in the 20's and 30's, though.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Dick said:
My vote for two of the best:

Miniskirts and Thongs.

My vote for the worst:

The unbelievably unattractive "style" of women shaving off their beautiful natural eyebrows and then penciling them back on, thin as the edge of a dime. I guess this works okay for a small handful of women, but I generally find it ugly, bordering on self-abuse. Seems to have popular in the 20's and 30's, though.

Usually, they didn't shave them off... they pulled them out. They even had special equipment for it (not like today's, uhm, waxing practices. And they don't pencil a landingstrip on, not even a thin-as-a-dime one).

As far as I know it went on rather generally until far in the fifties and even sixties.
(Pulling out eybrows, I mean.)

Yes, I agree with your judgement: I seldom find/found it attractive.

Cees

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
My vote for the worst:- Might be just me - but extreemly short hair on women just doesn't work for me -- very few can actually pull it off.
- Tramp stamp tatoos

- Any hair color that does not normally exist on a human (pink, blue, green, jet black, ect...)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks