What's new

best 7.1 surround reciver i can buy at best buy (1 Viewer)

Alvin

Auditioning
which reciver would be best to buy at best buy. looking for 7.1 sound. and subwoofer pre out so i can add two subs.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Of the brands sold at Best Buy, I like Yamaha best. I think most of the higher end models they sell will do 6.1, not 7.1, but the only difference is one rear center speaker vs 2.

They also carry the Pioneer 812 and a Kenwood 7070, which are about the best non-Yamahas they have. The Kenwood worth looking at has THX select certification, not a must have per se, but some assurance of real power output when looking at sub-$400ish receivers.

All have sub pre-out, and you really only need one of these. In order to run 2 subs you just need a Y cable with male RCA jacks to split the sub output. These are easily available at BB or Radio Shack.

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
At Bestbuy I would have to agree that Yamaha is your best choice. Unfortunatly you won't get 7.1, only 6.1.

The two next best would probably be Pioneer and Kenwood. Also, Bestbuy seems to offer some Panasonic recievers and that is something I would probably stay away from. Nothing but trouble with mine.

David_Stein

Second Unit
Real Name
David_Stein
what is your reasoning for needing a best buy?

if its because you need it to be a local chain store for ease of purchase and warranty you might want to see if you have a compusa in your area, because the ones near me sell harman kardon recievers which do 7.1. in fact i think circuit city does as well, which also has onkyo.

if its because you get a discount as an employee or have a gift card then the previous two posts had solid advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.