Best 57-65" widescreen under $2000

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Brett_A, Jul 24, 2004.

1. Brett_A

Brett_A Stunt Coordinator

I haven't been in the market for a tv in a while now and need to get up to speed quick. I am looking for a widescreen between 57-65".

What models offer the best all around performance under $2000? This is 75/25 for tv/dvd respectively.

2. DanielKellmii

DanielKellmii Supporting Actor

Brett, I have been looking around too. I don't think I have even seen anything that good for less that $2000.
    I am going to buy a 55". From what I have seen is that there is a big price jump after that, something like $1000. Eventually, I am going to take that $1000 and apply it towards a front projector and a home made screen. It won't be the best FP, but I will get a huge pic.

3. Brett_A

Brett_A Stunt Coordinator

I have a seperate room that will be getting a protector and large screen, this is mainly for tv, some videos games and small movie usage.

4. Shane Martin

Shane Martin Producer

Brett,
    If you can still buy them, I would look at last years Mits 55413. I paid around $1900 with tax and delivery for mine and couldn't be happier. The picture was better than the Hitachis I saw and I didn't get a very top notch recommendation from any ISF dude regarding Toshiba so I went that route.

5. DanielKellmii

DanielKellmii Supporting Actor

Hmmmmm, Shane what time of year did you find that deal?

6. Steven.W.T

Steven.W.T Stunt Coordinator

You can always try to find a Hitachi 57S500, it will be heard though cause the new models will be out in no time. My local CC was selling them for $1799, I got it about a month ago.

7. Shane Martin

Shane Martin Producer

Daniel,
    It was about 2 months ago. The new models are out(the 413 was canceled so you don't have the choice of a upper end set w/o the tuner) so you should be able to get a deal on the 55413 if they still have any. My friends father in law just got a 65413 for $2200+ tax and delivery so deals are out there.

8. Sam>C

Sam>C Extra

Also if you have a Costco nearby some of them should still have the 65Pioneer for $1999. The 2 stores in Indy still have them in stock.

9. chris*b

chris*b Stunt Coordinator

I got my 57" Panny for about $1500 last year.

10. Alan Wise

Alan Wise Stunt Coordinator

Brett,
    You can get the Sony KP-57WS510 for that price. I have had mine since early in January and it is wonderful.
    The Auto Convergence feature is nice, and it has DVI input if you want it. "The Perfect Vision" rated it as a "Best Buy" in the latest issue.

Good Luck, Al. Wise