What's new

best 5.1 system for under $400 (1 Viewer)

david*mt

Second Unit
I already have a Yamaha HTR-5560 and a sub so I just need the five speakers. Right now I am looking at these:

JBL EC35
JBL E30's for mains
JBL E10's for rears

I can get them for just under $400 shipped. Could I do any better for the money? I would appreciate any opinions. Thanks

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter

**NOTE The above system used the E20's for the Fronts and included 2 JBL sub's!

Read the entire test report here!

Very few systems that Sound & Vision Objectively Benchmarked (Tom Nousaine set up the HT speaker testing standards) @ that price range can claim to have usable lower frequency reaching 88 Hz or all-around overall flatness from 88 Hz to 20 kHz ±3.9 dB!!! Actually very few speakers @ the surround location @ the JBL relative MFG. price range reach higher than 15 kHz!

Compare the above to more S&V Objectively Tested Speakers here!

Hope this helps,
Phil

Greg-ST

Stunt Coordinator
When the JBL NSP1II speaker package was still around that was by far the best budget speaker array. I've still got mine :) The E series are a nice replacement and are the new price/performance leaders. Coupled with my Dayton Tiny Mighty II 10" sub from Parts Express it's pretty sweet. Around $400 there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks