Best 34" 16x9 that's under 36" wide? Pani, toshiba?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by jeff lam, Jul 16, 2002.

1. jeff lam

jeff lam Screenwriter

Jeff Lam
    My entertainment center is giving me restrictions on TV size. I care mostly about DVD movie watching, although I watch more sat tv (baseball games, primetime shows, etc.) than DVD's but I usually watch at least 3 DVD's a week and movies are most important to me by far, therefore I want the biggest widescreen picture I can get in a 36" width. I know the sony 34" won't fit so that's out. I know the Panasonic and Toshiba will fit but those are the only ones I know for sure. The philips looks to be too wide and I'm not sure about the samsung either. I don't want to spend too much either so the $5000 Loewe Aconda is out. Which will give me the absolute best picture for DVD's?

I'm counting on you ISF techs that have seen these in action fully calibrated to help me out, please.

Thanks!

2. Roger Kint

Roger Kint Stunt Coordinator

The TV will be a substantial cost. Have you reconsidered ditching the entertainment cabinet? Maybe have anohter one customed made? So that you can get the TV you really want.

3. jeff lam

jeff lam Screenwriter

Jeff Lam
    I have considered it but honestly I only have a 1 br apt right now and anything much bigger will be too big (not to me but to my Wife). I would gladly ditch the cabinet and go with a 57" RPTV but it just wasn't practical now. When I get a house I will surely go with the larger RPTV. For now I just would like a 34" 16x9 that would fit in my Ent center. Now I just need to decide which one to go with, the Pani, or Toshiba.