What's new

Best ~$225 DVD player? (1 Viewer)

Barry.Evans

Agent
I'm looking for something that does progressive scan for our 48" Mitsubishi HD Widescreen. I'd also really like one that pushes out DVD-Audio.

I've looked at the Toshiba SD4800 and am starting to look at Panasonic's RP line up. Is there a favorite in this price bracket?

-bp

MikeSRC

Second Unit
The Panasonic RP-82 would be the best, but good luck finding one. You may still be able to find a Panasonic XP-50, but it may cost more than $225. Both models have been discontinued.

Tom Vet

Stunt Coordinator
I own a Toshiba SD-4800 DVD-A, Zooming with icon gone in 2 key strokes, progressive scan, remote turns my HDTV off. Price I paid was $199 off of www.jandr.com color black remote is black also. Says Hello and Bye when your finished.:)

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
www.crutchfield.com still has some Panasonic RP72 units in stock. this is basically the 5-disc version of the RP82. i just got mine in and it's great!

call them up and ask if they have any more RP82's or even RP91's in (both were discounted last i checked), but i dont think they'll still be in stock. anyway, my recommendation is to stick to Panasonic.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks