What's new

Best 2003 Showcase scenes? (1 Viewer)

Mike Romo

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike Romo
hi all--

My friend and I were discussing the best ways to demo our home theatre systems and realized that our usual "showcase" scenes were getting a bit stale. Yeah, the lobby scene in Matrix is cool. Sure, "Saving Private Ryan" is intense but perhaps overly gory. I still like the first 12 minutes of "Armageddon" but now that the Columbia is gone, it's a bit tasteless. And the pod race scene? Well, I am just tired of it.

So, I was wondering if you had any good suggestions for top demo scenes from 2002/2003 releases. No real criteria other than the scene should probably be no longer than 9 minutes in length.

Thanks for your help--I am looking forward to your suggestions!

Have a great 2004!

-mike

Danny Beck

Stunt Coordinator
I certainly think there are lots of great scenes in Finding Nemo.

Here is a title most people probably wouldn't mention but how about Sea Biscuit? It's got a couple awesome racing scnes with some great sound to boot. It's a little less "bang and pow" than most demo scenes but it's got beautiful action as well as very clear and rumbling sound effects with the horses flying around the track. Cool stuff. ;)

Danny

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks