What's new

Best 19" CRT monitor for gaming? (1 Viewer)

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
When I got this thing it was the best bang for the buck....Samsung 955DF....and that's a good year from now...

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Samsung 900 IFT or whatever the equivalent is nowadays. High refresh rates, high resolution and super duper fine dot pitch. This monitor is FLAT and SUPER SHARP :)

Tekara

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
I know you wanted a 19" but uhm. . . well this is just such a great monitor for the price:
http://www.merkortech.com/details.asp?iid=376

the reason they are so inexpensive is that when server farms change out their equipemtn they sell off their surplus monitors and these sun monitors (sony) were quite popular, they tend to have little wear and minimal usage since they were in a server setup. the picture is fantastic with more adjustments then you can shake a stick at.

they are flat screen, trinitron tube!, and are capable of 1600x1200@75hz which is phenominal.

Haris Ellahi

Second Unit
Real Name
Haris Ellahi
Right now I have a Samsung SyncMaster 900IFT. It is a Shadow Mask monitor, but this time around I would like a Trinitron (or equivilent) monitor.

Tekara

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
that sun monitor I pointed out is a 21" trinitron, it's a sony made monitor sold under the sun name. I still highly reccomend that monitor, it's a real steal for what your getting.

E

Eric Kahn

I also have a Samsung Syncmaster 900IFT
I have never seen a clearer monitor
I don't like the trinitron monitors, can't stand the 2 gray bars across the screen (sony's have a shadow mask, it is just vertical only, with the exception of the 2 gray bars in the screen)

the Samsung 955DF is a newer version of the 900

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Aperature Grille > Invar Shadow Mask. I have a Samsung 755DF which is shadow mask but my Samtron 75V looks much brighter with better color definition because it's an ap grille, even though it costs half as much.

Tekara

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
hmm, that's odd merkotech seems to be down. well the name of the monitor is GDM-5010pt, there's a few places that sell these as surplus. I found a place called workstationsetc that has them for 249$ used and 399$ new in box.

http://www.workstationsetc.com/sony/

used GDM-5010pt:
http://www.workstationsetc.com/sony/sun/x7121a.asp

all trinitron's along with the rest of the aperature grille monitors will have the two lines mentioned, they are stabalizers. the only time I ever notice mine is when my nose is to the screen and the background is a very light color, usually has to be white. in games, movies, etc, they are unnoticeable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks