What's new

Best 16:9 RPTV for under $2000 (1 Viewer)

Hi Everyone,

Kind of new to the Display Devices (TVs/Projectors)forum since my love for HT has mostly been for multichannel music and not so much for Movies and TV (about 80%/20%). Now a friend of mine is looking to get a 16:9 TV 50" or bigger and he's asking for my help. He has a budget of about $2000 dollars. I'm just afraid that shopping with him I may like what I see and make me upgrade my 32" Zenith. Any recommendations would be helpful. Thanks

Wow, no responses. Does that mean that nobody has any recommendations or does that mean that there aren't any good 16:9 RPTV's bigger than 50" for about $2000.

Mike Boniferro

Second Unit
It's kind of a hard question to answer... there are so many good TV's out there :D

Look at Toshiba, Panasonic, Hitachi and maybe Mitsu (no experience with them)... once you have started to get any idea about two or three particular models that stand out to you, then more people may be able to chime in with some suggestions! :emoji_thumbsup:

James R. Geib

Stunt Coordinator
Frank,

For less than $2000, I would say the Pioneer SD533-HD5 is the best deal. It can be had for around $1700, and it is an excellent RPTV. Look up the reviews. I've watched the set many times and it provided a great picture. I'm still deciding between it and a Hitachi 51", but the Hitachi is almost $800 more.

James

Thanks for the suggestions, just wanted some ideas as to where to start looking. Now comes the fun part to try to view (audition?) some sets at some stores.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks