Best ~$1000CDN receiver for Paradigm spearkers? Advice always welcome!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Jared*, Dec 11, 2005.

1. Jared*

Jared* Auditioning

Dec 11, 2005
    Hi guys! My friend recommended this place saying that you guys were extremely knowledgable and friendly. So, here I am.

I'm in the process of building my first decent sound system after 5 years of my kickass JVC mini-system[​IMG]

I demoed several speakers including B&W, Dynaudio, Boston, Monitor, JBL, and Paradigms. Honestly, the Paradigms BLEW ME AWAY. I absolutely LOVED the sound and I'm now certain that I want to build my system with Paradigm speakers. Here is the speaker setup:

Paradigm Monitor 7V4s
    Paradigm CC370 centre channel
    Paradigm ADP370 surrounds

Apparently I'm not allowed to post URLs to other sites, so for the speaker's specs please check out Paradigm's website (

When I asked the salesperson about a receiver that worked well with that setup, he showed me the Pioneer Elite VSX-52tx. Thing is, I've never purchased a real receiver before and I've been trying to read as much as I can about them. I understand some good brands include Denon, Yamaha, Pioneer, Rotel, Nad and so forth, but are there any brands/models that work well with the setup I listed above? Is there anything I should look out for? What about input on the 52tx...I've read alot about it but nothing seems to be really glowing about it.

Any advice you guys could give me would be most welcome! Thanks!
  2. Bertrand-R

Bertrand-R Agent

Jun 29, 2003
    Look for Yamaha at Audioshop, they have the RXV-1500 for $799.99 or the RXV-2500 for $899.99 in canadian dollars.
    Great deals.