What's new

Besides Outlaw, is there an American made reciever (1 Viewer)

MattBu

Stunt Coordinator
I'm sure that some brand is probably slipping my mind, but is there another made and built in America reciever besides outlaw? (And I'm not even sure that they are made in America though definitely designed here).

Roger Kaufmann

Stunt Coordinator
From B&K's website: "We're proud to say that everything we make is designed, engineered and manufactured at our Buffalo, New York facility."

Although Outlaw is a US company I believe their manufacturing is done off shore.

Dennis Gardner

Stunt Coordinator
My understanding is that Outlaw designs their product here but outsources manufacturing oversees to Asia. Is the maker Eastech?(sp)

This is done to take advantage of lower factory labor costs. This is very common with many companies today. I have driven same model Chevrolets made in Canada and Mexico.

My Harman Kardon AVR7200 from Northridge, CA. was made in China.

DG

Bill Polley

Second Unit
Outlaw no longer makes a receiver. When it did make the 1050, it was manufactured in the far east. It was designed and engineered here in the states. Their amps are made (except for the 7100 and the 200) at one of ATI's facilities in California.

Rich Wenzel

Supporting Actor
Sunfire is made in the USA....

Outlaw is outsourced to Eastech...

now there are companies that make amps and stuff here...but I can't think of any receivers besides the ones previously mentioned...

Rich

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
I understand where you're coming from Lance and it's a tough thing to do with 100% consistency considering how globalized everything has become. Myself, there are countries I won't buy from because I have personal issues with. OTOH, I will intentionally slant some purchases to places like Australia simply in appreciation of that country's support in certain areas.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
I do as many others do and the reasoning is that products made in certain countries aren't built as well as others IMHO. You do pay alot more for American built products for the most part but IMHO they are made better. Heck most of the Toyotas, Hondas, Mercedes etc are all built here and the "american" car companies cars are built overseas and they are often remarked as poorly built.

There is some merit in that.

I know a few people who only buy Japanese built receivers or American built ones for this same reason. Then again the products he has to chose from if he sticks to that are still quite stellar.. just more expensive.

Ernest Yee

Supporting Actor
LOL - I thought ATI also outsourced from Asia - sure they're an american So-Cal based company - but their products are made elsewhere.

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Alan:

ATI makes many companies amps as a contract manufacturer.
It's a good way to use excess production capacityfor ATI, while for the company contracting ATI doesn't have to build production infrastructure.

Many would be surprised what High-end amplifiers are manufactured to specification by ATI.

Regards,

Khoa Tran

Supporting Actor
correction! only mercedes made in the US is the ML because of suv hungry americans...

sorry i had to do that...i'm just getting tired of people assuming that german cars are made in the US.....

also reporting that the ML series is mercedes' most problematic vehicle....you can say that American built is better than most of the countries but i'd say that nothing beats european made....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks