Berkline 090s - Where to Buy??

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Kevin Trainor, Jun 28, 2004.

1. Kevin Trainor

Kevin Trainor Auditioning

I'm getting ready to add seating to the newly constructed theater and am wondering where is the best place to order the 090s from? Local (Florida) retailers only had the Berkline 090s (leather/vinyl) combo with powered recline @$1,100 each. Too much $$. Lazy Boy wanted $1,300 each for the Matinees. I prefer the Berklines and just know there has to be a store out there that has them cheaper??

Can anyone recommend another solution for seating?? I'm partial to the reclining cinema style loungers. I need 8 total (2 rows of 4), I prefer Leather/vinyl combo with powered recline mechanism.

Help please.

2. Ian_J

Ian_J Stunt Coordinator

3. Jonathan Smith

Jonathan Smith Stunt Coordinator

Another source I've seen listed on this board is http://www.leather-direct.com/ . I haven't called to check on prices yet, but I bet both will quote you a price significantly lower than your local retailer.

4. JamesG

JamesG Extra

Check with your local JC Penney home furnishings store, if you have one. Mine here in MN just started carrying the 090, and last week had them on sale for what I thought was a pretty reasonable price. The 088s were on sale, too. The salesperson I spoke with indicated that I could pretty much get the sale price anytime if I asked for it.

James

5. Kevin Trainor

James,

Thanks for the input regarding JCPenney. The closest one to me is 2 hours away and they don't carry the Berklines. I went to JCPenney's web site and couldn't find any links to Berkline seating. Do you know of a web site I could go to?

Thanks,
    Kevin

6. Shane Martin

Shane Martin Producer

AVscience.com

They are a subset or the owners of AVSforum.

Talk to Jason Turk there.

7. JamesG

JamesG Extra

Kevin, I'm not sure why JC Penney's website doesn't list them - I noticed that too when I was looking around a few weeks ago. Is the store 2 hours from you a home furnishings store or just a regular department store? The one I was at was home furnishings (meaning all they sell is furniture at that location). The store locator function on the JC Penney website has a "home furnishings" filter which makes it easy to find the home furnishings location closest to you.

James

8. Glen C

Glen C Stunt Coordinator

a local JC penny at the mall has some berklines hidden away. i'd avoid them unless you had a really, really step discount.

this place gets good reviews at AVS and is semi-local here in NJ w/ *great* prices and response time.

http://rtheaters.com/

9. Kevin Trainor

Thanks for all the excellent inputs!

Kevin