Berkline 090: How is the head support

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Peter Liu, Jun 21, 2004.

1. Peter Liu

Peter Liu Auditioning

I am in Syracuse, New York. Local furniture stores only carry the Berkine 094 and 099. I tried both and found them too high and too soft. So I drove to Buffalo and tried the 088 in JCPenny. I like the firmness but I want better shoulder and head support. Looking at the specs, I hope 090 will fit the bill.

I wish I can try a Berkline 090 before ordering them. Does anyone know somewhere I can try them in Syracuse, Rochester, or Buffalo areas?

I like how the Lazyboy felt but is way over my budgets. If the 090 is closer to the Lazyboy (in terms of the firmness and support) than the 088/094/099, I might consider buying them without trying.

P.S. I am 5'9" 150 lbs. and everyone in the household is about the same.

Thanks in advance.

2. Peter Liu

Peter Liu Auditioning

I am in Syracuse, New York. Local furniture stores only carry the Berkine 094 and 099. I tried both and found them too high and too soft. So I drove to Buffalo and tried the 088 in JCPenny. I like the firmness but I want better shoulder and head support. Looking at the specs, I hope 090 will fit the bill.

I wish I can try a Berkline 090 before ordering them. Does anyone know somewhere I can try them in Syracuse, Rochester, or Buffalo areas?

I like how the Lazyboy felt but is way over my budgets. If the 090 is closer to the Lazyboy (in terms of the firmness and support) than the 088/094/099, I might consider buying them without trying.

P.S. I am 5'9" 150 lbs. and everyone in the household is about the same.

Thanks in advance.

3. Jonathan Smith

Jonathan Smith Stunt Coordinator

I have only sat in the 099 personally. My dealer, who seemed extremely knowledgeable and used to have the 090 line on the floor, told me that the 090 and the 099 are virtually the same chair except that the 099 has a higher back. So, since the 099 was too high for you, the 090 may be an improvement. I can't say anything for sure about the firmness.

Good luck!
    Jonathan

4. Jonathan Smith

Jonathan Smith Stunt Coordinator

I have only sat in the 099 personally. My dealer, who seemed extremely knowledgeable and used to have the 090 line on the floor, told me that the 090 and the 099 are virtually the same chair except that the 099 has a higher back. So, since the 099 was too high for you, the 090 may be an improvement. I can't say anything for sure about the firmness.

Good luck!
    Jonathan