JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
My gut is (or maybe just wishful thinking) that the date for Persona is not official yet and so someone from MGM has to say it is not scheduled, where other reliable sources can say it is.

Brian PB

Supporting Actor
All of this convinces me that there will be no MGM/UA Bergman releases in 2003. I'd love to be wrong, but my gut tells me otherwise.

Brian PB

Supporting Actor
If anyone missed the article about MGM's upcoming Bergman releases from Video Store Magazine, all the wonderful news is here. Highlights of the article:

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Damn that's impressive. I've been sticking to my guns about not buying DVD's at even a 1/4 of the rate I used to, but already I'm in for this set, My Darling Clementine, Sonatine, the Blacula movies, and Superfly next year.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
The boxed set sounds great. I wasn't going to pick up The Serpent's Egg (heard it ain't all that great), but what the heck. :) Glad to hear Sonatine is coming. :emoji_thumbsup:

Kenneth English

Second Unit
Each will be available individually or in a boxed set containing a bonus disc with documentaries and interview footage of the famed director.
Oh yeah, great news!

Just bought the Criterion Bergman Trilogy box set (DVD Planet, $51.97 + $3.50 S&H), so I'm really into ol' Ingmar right now. Through a Glass Darkly is still just as stunning as I remember (haven't seen it since college 10+ years ago). Can't wait for February!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks