BenQ W10000 1080p Projector at TV Authority on Tuesday 11/7

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Big news!

TVAuthority is receiving the first batch of the much anticipated BENQ W10000 1080p DLP Projector on Tuesday 11/7.

Yep, that’s this Tuesday. There are only a handful in the units arriving in the country, so CLICK HERE TO ORDER OR CALL TODAY AT 888-286-5353 TO BE THE FIRST IN THE COUNTRY TO GET THIS AMAZING PROJECTOR IN YOUR HANDS.

ORDER TODAY! http://www.tvauthority.com/Home-Thea...ENQ-W10000.asp

http://www.tvauthority.com/Home-Thea...ENQ-W10000.asp
Or CALL 888-286-5353 for a friendly and knowledgeable salesperson.

ORDER TODAY AND RECEIVE FREE OVERNIGHT DELIVERY
AS SOON AS THEY ARRIVE!

Other Big BENQ News….

NEW LOW PRICE on the BENQ PE8720 - $3495 and for a limited receive a FREE CEILING MOUNT.

BENQ PE8720 720p DLP Projector
$3499 (includes free ceiling mount)
New Low Price!

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi guys!!
Just an FYI, LionAV did some tweeking on this unit (W10000, 1080p ) for CEDIA. It was in its prototype phase. This unit rocks.
Regards
Gregg

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member

Gregg, could you elaborate? I.e., what exactly about this pj "rocks"?

Do you know what the throw ratio of this pj actually is?

When you say LionAV did some "tweeking" on this unit for CEDIA, what do you mean? I didn't think that this projector was actually projecting an image at CEDIA.

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
yes it was working in a specialized show room specfically for a special few buyers. It was flown into the USA the day before the Show.

Tweeking refers to what LionAV guys do for a living.

No idea what the throw ratio is....medium ish....basically the same as the 8720 720 P unit.

Gregg

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member

Thanks Gregg. The speculation is that if the BenQ is using the same lens that the 8720 used, this unit will have a shorter throw due to the 1080p chip. I hope that turns out to be true.

TicoTVA

Stunt Coordinator
Yes its true we just got in the 10000, Like 10 of them or something!
I'm gonna try to play with them this weekend hopefully

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
Rob, that's one beautiful HT you have there!

Guess I'll wait to see how this new JVC machine turns out....then I'll decide among it, the Pearl, or that new Mitsubishi. Patience is a virtue, they say

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member

Thanks for the compliment!

The JVC RS1 looks like it is going to be fantastic! They had the same unit that was at CEDIA at the EHXpo in Long Beach, and the reviews coming in from that showing have been very positive indeed. It was being shown next to a Sharp 20000 DLP that retails for twice as much as the JVC, and the vast majority prefer the JVC for overall PQ.

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ

Very cool, I think some of the guys over at avs were commenting on that demo, too....this is definitely an exciting time to be in the market for a 1080p projector!
I saw some screen shots of the Pearl and I was very impressed. It's partly because my pj is a few generations old, but the detail I saw - particularly in the darker scenes - was absolutley amazing. If the JVC unit ends up beign superior, it will be a no-brainer for me. I've never had a REALLY nice video display, so I'm not going to skimp this time.

Orlando

Stunt Coordinator
A really great calibrator (He is shy so I won't use his name ;D) I know from here highly recommended this guy as a possible replacement for my aging projector. While looking on the BenQ web-site they also listed a slightly cheaper w9000. Has anyone seen one of these or even more helpful been able to compare the two?

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
O! lol

LionAV is currently in the process of becoming a BenQ dealer for this PJ. All units sold will include a free ISF calibration!!!

Stay tuned for more details.

Gregg

Orlando

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Gregg,

Why would you assume I was talking about you? ;D Some ego!
Just jokes I don't like dropping others peoples names without thier permission.

That is great news about the BenQ Dealership and sweeting the deal with a Calibration. WOW! 8D Definately keep me posted on these details.

I would love to hear your thoughts on the W9000 as well. At a 4000 list price difference I would love to get your cost/performance analysis.

leafswillwin

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
whats so special about this projector? you can go to sony and get their 1080p sxrd for 5000. it has a better contrast ratio, as well as almost every other spec. so why is this good again?

Orlando

Stunt Coordinator
I'll let the experts get in to the details but for me in a word it is coloration problems with all of the LCOS type displays. I liked the Sony and was very interested in a Panasonic as well. But is seems that over time those type of displays start getting color blobs that can't be fixed. I can't afford to change my projector every couple of years so I need one that is going to last.

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi guys
Leafswillwin,
Simple, the Sonys are plagued by color uniformity issues that will only get worse with aging. They also have a lot of convergence and focus issues. I have seen these issues with various brands and models of LCOS and LCD.
regards
Gregg

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaMovieMaestro