What's new

BenQ w10000 1080P DLP Projector with ISF Video Calibration $5499! Free Shipping (1 Viewer)

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Hi guys!

LionAV has now started to carry the state of the art BenQ W10000 1080p DLP front projector. Introductory pricing is $5499 and includes a FREE ISF video calibration AND FREE ground shipping.

This baby is state of the art!!

Here is the: link

Orlando

Stunt Coordinator
Well I finally pulled the plug and took Gregg up on his generous offer. If anyone is interested I'll post my thoughts when I get it. However I won't have it calibrated for at least a couple of months as I am still in construction mode in my room.

SherardP

Stunt Coordinator
For that price I would opt for the JVC DLA HD1 with its better black level. The BenQ may throw a sharper pic but even that is questionable by some. I was able to get into the JVC for 4500. I only imagine an ISF calibration being 500-700 and thats a high estimate. Either way I would still go with the HD1/RS1. My point, is that price is way high.

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi Sherard. The price is too high only if you believe that that the JVC is a better projector, which I dont. :)

SherardP

Stunt Coordinator
Again, to each their own. But myself and quite a few others think the JVC is the best thing smoking right now. Needless to say the demand is extremely high. you can find comparisons between the two on projectorreviews.com

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hehe....smoking is right!!
convergence errors, and color uniformity issues. You are also right on the to each his own.
The only potential down side of dlp is the color wheel and rainbows, which are only a problem for less than 1 % of the general population.

Orlando

Stunt Coordinator
Hey SherardP,

I congratulate you on your purchase and am glad you are enjoying it. That is what this hobby (obsession) is all about. I also noticed that the price seems a little low compared to what most are selling it for. Was it purchased from an authorized dealer as in is the warranty in full affect? Which brings me to a point on the BenQ; it has a 3 year standard one with the first year being an actual swap for another. Not bad in any bodies book.
But again I must congratulate you. I did see the JVC and was very impressed by it. And like anybody in the market for a new projector I did my research and asked questions.
For years I have been trusting Gregg with my HT needs and he has never once given me bad advice. So when a guy I’ve trusted for years, who earns his living at looking at images all day tells me something. I usually listen. I can’t afford to take the chance that in a few years I’ll be forced to upgrade. Again this is to take nothing away from the JVC or people who have them. But while Cadillac makes a very fine automobile, some people for their own reasons prefer a Lincoln. Both fine ways to get to your destination.

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Hey O!

thanks for the kind words.

You forgot to mention that LionAV will also warranty the PJ for a "zero dead pixel policy".

Its not that I dislike the JVC and Sony LCoS units, its just that I think that the BenQ is better. I do recommend that if you purchase AND LCoS or LCD product that you absolutely need to also purchase an extended warranty.

Regards

Gregg

Orlando

Stunt Coordinator
No Problem - but not so much about kind words as much as how business is done. I don't get to spend the hours looking at something as to truly make an informed choice. Images quality is so subjective. Can I be sure that everything is correctly set-up when I do finally get about 30 seconds to look at something in a show? Not too many stores around that do. So my next best options are forums like this and professionals like you. I ask for your opinion based on your experience so why wouldn't I take it.

Of Course if it looks like crap, "OFF WITH ZEE HEAD!" ;D

Should be getting it tomorrow.

Orlando

Stunt Coordinator
Got the projector yesterday and set it up really quick. Cinema mode and warm and man what a picture! It look great and that is without the calibration. We did some quick Star Wars Ep III, Pirates (PS3 Blu-ray) and Toy Story. We never knew that the dog has leather ears. You could see reflections on the floor and texture on the toys we just never noticed before. The Blacks in Pirates was amazing! We were all just speech-less as to how good things look. Can't wait till Gregg does his magic on it.
I was going to do some A-B testing with my old projector, but my wife was saying "why waste time, it is no comparison! Just put it up already, so we can watch something, anything."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks