Benq Projector

Discussion in 'Displays' started by CarlosGH, Jun 15, 2004.

1. CarlosGH

CarlosGH Stunt Coordinator

I recently saw an infomercial on the shopathometv.com channel for a Benq projector with DLP technology. They say that it has composite, s-video, progressive scan component video and SVGA input. The native resolution says it is 800x600, but they say it supports both 720p and 1080i HDTV resolutions. Is this true or BS? At $1500 for the DLP projector and an 84inch screen it seems to good to be true.

2. CarlosGH

I recently saw an infomercial on the shopathometv.com channel for a Benq projector with DLP technology. They say that it has composite, s-video, progressive scan component video and SVGA input. The native resolution says it is 800x600, but they say it supports both 720p and 1080i HDTV resolutions. Is this true or BS? At $1500 for the DLP projector and an 84inch screen it seems to good to be true.

3. Dan Wesnor

Dan Wesnor Second Unit

There's no reason all those specs can't be true at that price point. However, that still doesn't mean it's too good to be true. $1500 is a lot of money to spend if the stuff ends up being crap with nice specs.

4. Dan Wesnor

Dan Wesnor Second Unit

There's no reason all those specs can't be true at that price point. However, that still doesn't mean it's too good to be true. $1500 is a lot of money to spend if the stuff ends up being crap with nice specs.

5. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

CarlosGH may I suggest that you do a search on this section of the HTF for "Benq" and see what you come up with.

You should see my name in a coupla them.

It's great, but get the Zenith 318 or in Canada get the LG 7832 DVD player and you'll knock yourself off you chair.

Esp for the money

Brent
    Projector can be had for under $900, build your own screen for $30 and buy the DVD player for under $200 and go CRAZY!

6. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

CarlosGH may I suggest that you do a search on this section of the HTF for "Benq" and see what you come up with.

You should see my name in a coupla them.

It's great, but get the Zenith 318 or in Canada get the LG 7832 DVD player and you'll knock yourself off you chair.

Esp for the money

Brent
    Projector can be had for under $900, build your own screen for $30 and buy the DVD player for under $200 and go CRAZY!

7. CarlosGH

So the projector can produce HDTV resolution even though its native SVGA resolution is only 800x600? Benq is a very good company that makes excellent products, what I've read is that they are big in Europe. I bought a negative scanner from Benq and it ROCKS! So if it can display HDTV, then I guess that it is a good price. Escpecially for a good screen and projector. Its only fault is that it doesn't have DVI. I saw a pic of it, it doesn't have component in, but rather a SVGA->Component adaptor. Does this degrade the quality? Does it still allow for progressive input?

8. CarlosGH

So the projector can produce HDTV resolution even though its native SVGA resolution is only 800x600? Benq is a very good company that makes excellent products, what I've read is that they are big in Europe. I bought a negative scanner from Benq and it ROCKS! So if it can display HDTV, then I guess that it is a good price. Escpecially for a good screen and projector. Its only fault is that it doesn't have DVI. I saw a pic of it, it doesn't have component in, but rather a SVGA->Component adaptor. Does this degrade the quality? Does it still allow for progressive input?

9. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

It offers component through an adapter and you don't lose any quality.

It can display an HD image, but it lowers the resolution to the maximum the Benq can display.

I'm running a 1080i progressive signal in and it looks great..

Go see one in action and you'll buy it!

"then I guess that it is a good price" UHM were you looking for a cheaper solution?

B

10. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

It offers component through an adapter and you don't lose any quality.

It can display an HD image, but it lowers the resolution to the maximum the Benq can display.

I'm running a 1080i progressive signal in and it looks great..

Go see one in action and you'll buy it!

"then I guess that it is a good price" UHM were you looking for a cheaper solution?

B