BenQ PE8700 Projector for $4,999 with free shipping.

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Parker Clack, Dec 15, 2003.

1. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Projector People has the BenQ PE8700 Projector for $4999 ($5,000 - $1,000 discount) and free shipping.

Here is a link to the site and the specs on this projector.

Parker

2. Scott Dautel

Scott Dautel Second Unit

Wow ... nice deal.

This PJ is almost identical to the InFocus ScreenPlay 7200. It incorporates the same TI Mustang HD2 DLP engine with a 6 seg, 5x color wheel. It's interesting to note that BenQ lists an 1800:1 contrast ratio, while SP7200 says 1400:1. But CR specs are virtually meaningless anyway.

Some review site recently noted that the appearance of the improved HD2+ engine should trigger a slight drop in prices for the (6-month old) HD2 units, like these two.

It IS noteworthy that the SP7200 uses the newest Faroudja FLI2300 deinterlacer, while the BenQ incorporates an SI504 deinterlacer. It's likely that the Faroudja/Sage chip is a better performer.

Scott

3. Geoffrey

Geoffrey Auditioning

Call them and they should give you a better price than that. I purchased mine at Projector People before Thanksgiving and I paid less than that price with free shipping via FEDEX. The BENQ 8700 is one beautiful but heavy projector .

By the way if you want good pictures with the BENQ best way to view it is with a DVI compatible player such as the Bravo D1 or thru an HTPC with DVI. I have tried the component in thru a Panasonic RP91 pictures are good but the Bravo has better PQ overall when using the DVI inputs.