Benq pb8250 Yeah or nay

Real Name
john
Does any one have any opinions on the Benq PB8250 projector.

I was just at a Benq dealer and he was acting like he was doing me this
great favor of selling me his projector for $1900.
I just found it on line at the "projector people.com" for $1499.

If any one has seen, used or owns one please let me know what you think.

Also, has any one dealt with the "projector people.com"? If so how good or bad are they with there delivery and service.

Thank you for all your opinions.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
Don't waste your money on that projector, you can do much better for $1900 or less(new). It came out in Oct. 2004, it's a native 4:3 format with a 2X speed color wheel. I've read nothing but good things about Projectorpeople.com.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
At CEDIA several under $1000 projectors were introduced.

Example: Optoma HD70, a single chip 720p DLP unit with HDMI input, etc. for $999.

The bottom line is that with the introduction of Sony's 3 chip 1080p SXRD (LCoS) projector (also at CEDIA) with a price of under $5000, the shock waves sent throughout the FP industry means that the BenQ and others like it, which are an older technology, are not a wise choice at all the prices quoted here. I haven't seen the Optoma side by side with the BenQ for obvious reasons but I am confident that the Optoma would outperform it by a wide margin.

Real Name
john
Thanks everyone for your response.
As I try to piece my HT system together (with a great deal of education from this forum) I learn that the more I find out the more I really don't know.
I was really looking hard at the Panasonic PT-AE900U but everyone was saying how DLP's are the way to go.
My theater will be in the basement so I don't have to worry about abient light.
What should I be looking for in features in a projector?
In my application is a 1000 lumens sufficient?
Contrast ratio should fall into what area?

Again thanks for your responses

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockfitfitness