What's new

BenQ PB6240 ? Any thoughts? (1 Viewer)

Gordon__W

Auditioning
Anyone have any comments on this projector? Specifically when compared to the Infocus SP4805? I have searched the net and forums for reviews but haven't found any.

Any thoughts/reviews would be appreciated!

Gordon__W

Auditioning
Thanks Tim. Ya I saw that one already but it didn't give a whole lot of information other than a rating and three sentences.

Was hoping for someone with personal experience or a "knows someone else" with one of these. It has me intrigued versus the SP4805! :)

Thanks again.

John S

Senior HTF Member
More resolution than the the 4805.. I'm not sure I understand exactly what happens on this BenQ in 16:9 mode though. It is an XGA projo right? Digital Right? So that makes it a 4:3 Projo right? Does it include an anamorphic lens or whatever they are called?

Looks good from the specs for sure. I am a little confused about it though.

Gordon__W

Auditioning
Agreed John...I share your confusion and that is why I was hoping for some answers! ;)

I suspect there isn't much out there in the form of feedback because it is relatively new.

John S

Senior HTF Member
be worth an email to a retailer on it and ask about the 16:9 mode and how it works. I'd suspect you just lose the resolutionin all honesty. If it comes with an anamorphic lens thing, that does make the projector extremely attractive to me and my veyr large Laserdisc collection.

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
It does not come with an amamorphic lens. These lenses cost a substantial amount of money and would certainly not be included with an entry level FP. The Benq also has a five segment color wheel with the yellow segment and is 2x speed. You will see more rainbows and color saturation and CR generally will not be as good as a DLP that has a 6 segment RGBRGB color wheel......although that is a bit of a blanket statement. Because it is 4:3 when it displays 16:9 material is displayed it will of course lose its' resolution. If you need a cheep FP for HT/computer use and a lot of SD tv viewing and some gaming than this is a decent FP. If you want a HT projector there are better out there for the same and even cheeper. The 4805 is set to D65 standards out of the box, it has a "better"/faster color wheel (RGBRGB 4x speed), it is true 16:9 and has the Faroudga deinterlacer. To me the decision is an easy one between the 2. Plus the 4805 has a HUGE cult following so a TON of help is just a few clicks away.......

John S

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the additional information. That is the catch with any 4:3 projector. The specs are decieving on that note. When a CRT lists that, it really means is has raster squeeze, obviously you cannot do this with a digital without a special lens or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks