1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Benq PB6100

Discussion in 'Displays' started by ArtH, Nov 11, 2003.

1. ArtH

ArtH Stunt Coordinator

Anybody out there got there hands on the PB6100 yet?? The specs seem pretty decent for a $999.00 pj..1500 lumens and a contrast of 2000:1..I would love to hear any reviews, thoughts, insight, into this new projector....

2. ArtH

ArtH Stunt Coordinator

Anybody have any thoughts on this PJ??

3. Stephen Hopkins

Stephen Hopkins HW Reviewer
    HW Reviewer

Looks to be pretty solid as far as SVGA projectors go. Solid brightness and high contrast ratio. It has a fairly long throw so to get a large screen it needs to be pretty far back (really a drawback in a smaller room or when you need to put it infront of the seating position).

4. GeorgeT

GeorgeT Auditioning

I have the BenQ PB6100 and it's great for quality DVD viewing. I'm using a wall (no special treatment or paint, yet) and can project a 7'+ diagonal image from a progressive scan DVD player without any ill effects in my home environment. The WOW factor is still in effect, as my 6100 has been in use now for 36+ hours of pure enjoyment. It needs a seperate Component to VESA adaptor like the X1. My dealer was Visualapex, an AVS forum sponser.