What's new

Benq PB6100 and a completely dark room... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Another newbie here in his first foray into pj units. I am making a dedicated theater room. As of now it will not be used for anything but playing widescreen dvd's. The room is about 20ft long, 11ft wide and about 7ft high. It is in the basement and has no windows. So even during the day it can be 100% dark. I don't have a lot to spend and the Benq PB6100 seems to be the popular choice. I just have some questions:

1-Is this the right projector for this conditions?
2-How big of a picture can I get with the space I have?
3-Any suggestions of a screen? (It will be permanent)
4-Any other advice would be appreciated...

**I have been hearing some good things about the upcoming Infocus 4805. Would I be better to wait and see what this model rates?

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Have you thought about what you would want... 16x9 or 4x3? If you are primarily watching widescreen dvd's then it looks like a 16x9 setup would be very beneficial to you, in which case, this 4x3 projector (800x600) may not be the best in your setup.

That said, what exactly is your budget?

Yes, the Infocus 4805 would be one to check/consider as well as the Panasonic L500.

Here is a little projector central search using the following criteria.... 16x9, less than us$4k msrp. Dont let the $4k figure scare you off

http://www.projectorcentral.com/proj...&dvi=-1&trig=1

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Neil,

Yes, 16x9 would be my primary viewing option. Besides the 4805. I have heard good things about the Optoma H30.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks