What's new

BenQ pb 6200-how to get most out of it (1 Viewer)

Tim-R

Auditioning
Hi all,
I need some help maximizing the potential of my benq 6200 that I bought last year. I will be using it mostly for playing dvd's. (Do not have easy access to hd tv signals yet where I live). I have used it vga to vga from my cheap dell laptop and it looks great. I was wondering if going from a near-hd upconversion dvd player (such as a relatively inexpensive sanyo hd850 on sale at a local retail store) using a component to vga cable would make a big enough difference to justify the additional 200$ cost.
I guess what I'm asking is component to vga from near hd upconversion dvd player to projector significantly better than vga to vga using laptop to projector?
thanks for your help.
tim-r

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
I don't think that the deinterlacer in the more inexpensive Benq models is that great. You may want to use a source (DVD player) that has a good deinterlacer. Such as one with a Faroudja chip. Another thing would be to make sure you callibrate it using either Avia or DVE (Digital Video Essentials). Whether or not these changes will justify the cost is up to your eyes. We all have varying opinions so I personaly think it is but you may not after seeing it. Good luck to you.

John S

Senior HTF Member
It really depends on what your Dell Laptop is doing to the DVD and outputting to the display.

Stand alone player may be better, but there are still no stand alone players that can really match what a full blown HTPC can give you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks