What's new

BenQ is looking for reviewers on HTF. (1 Viewer)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Our friends at BenQ are looking for 2 members of the forum to write a review on a couple of their projectors.

First up is the W500 - a budget home cinema LCD projector.

(Click on the image above to read the specs on this projector.)

Next up is the MP771 - a short throw professional projector.

(Click on the above image to read the specs on this projector.)

They are looking for members to test the projector and write a review from a real end-user perspective. Each tester will have about 10 days to test and write the review. After you are done with the review, you will have the option to either keep the projector at 50% of the retail price or ship it back to BenQ at their cost. Interested members would need to let them know why they should pick her/him. There will be no test guidelines from BenQ and the only rule is to be honest in your review.

All interested members post in this thread why you think you should be picked for the review and we will email BenQ with our choices.

Our thanks go out to BenQ for this opportunity for our members.

BenQ
Parker, Ron and the Staff of Home Theater Forum.

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
I would love the opportunity to review W500. This projector is in the price range of what I could afford. I currently have an Infocus 4805 that I use in my small theater room that is currently hooked up to my Dish Network HD receiver as well as my Xbox 360 and DVD player. I have a 72 inch screen and have always been curious as to see what an affordable LCD projector would look like compared to my 4805.

Again, I'm not a professional, but would love the chance to take a look at this projector and let people know how it looks in a real world test. Thank you BenQ and Home Theater Forum for the consideration.

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
Tossing my hat into the ring....My Slogan..

"Projectors You can Count On!"

Video for me is both vocation and avocation. I have a background in broadcast and many years a videographer. I have a sharp eye and discriminating tastes.

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
I would lean towards the budget player. I love finding the "diamond in the rough" when shopping for HT/Video stuff, the Little Engine That Could as it were.

But whichever you guys would most like my opinion on is fine. Either way, this would be a great opportunity for me.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Scooter:

Would you be willing to review the MP771? I know you have an LCD projector already and I would like to see what you think of a DLP projector in your HT.

Parker

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
Absolutely. To get to play with and evaluate either piece is a wonderful opportunity.

Edited To Add: It's too bad the frame for the outdoor screen go torn from my fence in a recent storm. I would have put new fabric on it and tested this out side.

Paul Kemp

Agent
Real Name
Paul
Does one have to reside in the United States in order to qualify for consideration in this endeavour?

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker

Yeah, that would be a great test to review it in action with your inside HT and then how it handled images to your screen in your backyard. Sorry to hear your screen got damaged. Going to your place with about 50 other people and watching a movie in your backyard is something I will always remember.

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
50?? We had just over 100 at the last one. I could look into one of those inflatable screens and maybe hold a little something here.

Paul Kemp

Agent
Real Name
Paul

The UK. The W500 at least is an established model in Britian - I am not sure about the MP771, although my natural inclination would be toward the former anyway.

RayJr

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ray
This is way cool chance for some one.
I would love to compare the MP771 to my JVC RS1...but I don't have the time or the writing skills to give you a good review.
Good luck with the review.

RayJr

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Paul:

I talked with the guys at BenQ and this offer is only going to be for those members in the US as they are only authorized to ship in the US. Sorry.

Parker

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peteo
Recent bookmarks