What's new

benq 8700 a good proj? (1 Viewer)

John Avanti

Auditioning
Hi,

I am considering the benq 8700 proj, and have recieved prices as low as 4,399 is this a good buy at this price,I realize there are newer models coming out and what other proj out ther are as good as benq 8700 for the price . Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks John Avanti

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
The 8700 is one of the newer HD2 projectors with the TI Mustang chip. It is a very good projector. The Infocus 7200 is another contender in this bracket.

TimmyV

Auditioning
Just got an 8700 last night and from the lil time I had to play with it lastnight I can say WOW... Its my first Proj. so I have nothing to compare it to.. I read all i could before I chose tho... My first impretion was damn its bigger then I thought... I hooked it upto a crappy video input and projected it to a wall and it actually looked pretty good.. Can't wait till my room is done... Good luck Tim

Bill Eadie

Auditioning
There's an owner review of the 8700 at Projector Central. They say the 8700 isn't much better than their Panasonic 300 and is certainly not worth the difference in price. One swallow doesn't make a summer, but I'd surely want to see the 8700 before spending $5000. On the other hand there's someone over at AVS forums who's very pleased he exchanged his Z2 for an 8700.
With PJs you can never win :)

Kevin Korom

Stunt Coordinator
I recently bought a 8700, replaced a HS10 with it. While the +/-$3k units offer tremendous bang for the buck, there's no picture-quality category I can think of where the 8700 doesn't beat it.

That said, there are plenty of people I wouldn't recommend it to, simply because they aren't as concerned with absolute picture quality, nor have the room/setup/screen size to take advantage of the better picture. In their case, spending the extra money on the 8700 (or similar model) would probably be a waste of money.

I will say I've enjoyed owning my HS10 as much or more than any piece of HT gear over the years. It's picture quality (and that from similar priced brands)is no doubt more than enough for the majority of users.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks