What's new

BenQ 8240 settings? (1 Viewer)

Torgny Nilsson

Second Unit
I just got a BenQ 8240. I have found that BenQ's default settings are pretty hard to beat as far as picture quality goes. And the picture quality with the default settings on the 8240 does not seem to be any exception.

Nevertheless, I can't leave well enough alone until I have proven that to myself, so I plan to run the projector through Avia. But I won't have time to do that before I have a bunch of people in my HT this weekend.

Has anyone found any changes to the default settings that they think improves on the picture?

Torgny Nilsson

Second Unit
I actually found the time to run Avia over the weekend. So, if anyone is interested, I ended up deciding on the following settings in "economy" mode:

Brightness: -14
Contrast: -20
Color: 0
Color Temp: 0

While I liked the default "cinema" setting, my wife and I both thought the picture was just a bit dark. And while that is something I usually think about most "economy" settings, the "economy" setting--with the settings above--seemed just fine on the 8240.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks