What's new

Benq 7765PA Projector (1 Viewer)

Hi All,
I've been looking around a bit and from what I can gather the Benq 7765PA is about the best bang for the buck I can find in my price range of about $6000 Australian. The major specs of the Benq are;
1100 ANSI Lumen
DLP
Native XGA Resolution
450:1 contrast ratio
Digital keystone
Does anyone know if this projector is any good? From the specifications it reads very well for the price. Thanks for any help.

Greg Risley

Second Unit
You might want to check the link I have here to Projector Central.
http://www.projectorcentral.com/proj...m?part_id=1523
It shows that this projector only has computer input.
For that amount of money there should be alot of nicer dlp's out there that you could get. The HP xb31 spec wise blows the doors off of it.
http://www.projectorcentral.com/proj...m?part_id=1611
I have the NEC LT150 that I got 8 months ago for $2500 US, while not as bright as the Benq it has alot more contrast which is where you get your picture quality.
Also check over at the AVS Forum
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/
Hope this helps.
Greg

Thanks for the replies, I really appreciate it. At the moment I have a Kodak V600 which is a 1000 ANSI Lumen, SVGA LCD projector with only a 200:1 contrast ratio, and no keystone correction.
I'm mainly wanting to get a new projector for DVD's, as the V600, while ok, doesn't really cut it. However, I will be watching TV, and eventually HDTV through it as well. I'll check out those links, thanks again.
Just checked out that HP link! Is that a misprint? Contrast ratio of 1800:1!?!
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
That HP contrast ratio is correct. It's using the new 12 degree DMD chips. NEC just announced a new line with 1300:1 contrast. The issue with the HP is the 2x colorwheel. Those that are bothered by rainbows won't be able to use it. Otherwise, it's an absolutely great product.
Benq also has a new projector out using the dual res 800x600 and 848x480 DMD chip.
BenQ HT480W
It should be readily available down under, and should be great for DVD's. However, with HDTV, you probably want something with higher res.

Thanks Gabriel,
I actually saw the HT480W mentioned when I was researching the 7765PA but couldn't find any details on it. I obviously wan't looking hard enough.
Just when you think you've got a handle on the technologies used, another one pops up. Could you explain the basics, or point me to where I can read up about this DMD technology? Also, would you be able to explain (or point me to where I can find out) about the 2X colorwheel? Thanks again. ;)

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
DMD = generic name for a DLP chip.

All single chip DLP projectors use a spinning colorwheel. The speed at which it spins determines how bad the rainbows are. Modern DLP projectors are between 2-6x speeds.

Some people are more susceptible to rainbows than others. For some, it's a minor irritation, others it causes full blown headaches. Other people don't notice them at all. I'd personally suggest you watch at least 1 full movie on a projector with the colorwheel speed of the one you're considering before making the actual purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks