BenQ 7200 suggestions

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Ralph_C, Sep 20, 2004.

1. Ralph_C

Ralph_C Auditioning

I recently recieved as a gift a BenQ 7200 and a 84" Draper screen. I hooked it up through my HTPC with the 9600xt AIW card. Rather disappointed with the picture. I have the cable running through the card, and the bug in the corner says it's recieving an analog signal through the rgb input (using the 2nd monitor dongle on the aiw card). Basically, it's out of the box, and that's it. Any suggestions on how to improve the picture quality? As you can safely assume, I'm a newbie to the realm of home theater, much less the equipment involved. I want (as most of us do) to get the most out of this equipment, but at the same time, would rather not get a 2nd mortgage to finance it. [​IMG]

2. Mike Wladyka

Mike Wladyka Supporting Actor

First off, what don't you like about the picture? Secondly, I would recommended getting a calibration disk, such as Avia or Digital Video Esssentials (DVE), and running said disk. That should be a start.

3. Ralph_C

Ralph_C Auditioning

I'll look into those disks, thanks. Looks like they are around $25 or so.
    As for what I don't like about the picture.. some of it might be the "straight out of the box" picture that a bit of calibration MIGHT be able to fix. There's a jagged line to the edges of the picture, not a smooth curve to round or curvy objects. Also, (esp noticable on bugs such as the one on SciFi) it seems to jitter a little.