BenQ 6100 Projector Vs. 16x9 TV

Discussion in 'Displays' started by John Besse, Jun 23, 2004.

1. John Besse

John Besse Supporting Actor

John
    I'm in the market to purchase either a projector a 16x9 TV. I have been reading a few good things about the BenQ 6100 projector and am leaning toward purchasing one. The only concern I have is the BenQ is not a native 16x9 projector. Would I need to purchase a 4:3 screen or could I actually use the 16:9? I was also looking at the Mitsubishi SilverPlus Series (413 models) in a 65". The room I have is dark enough to get rid of most ambient light, and the projector seems the way I really want to go. However, I wanted to get a few suggestions from other people before I make my purchase. If anyone uses BenQ projectors, please let me know what you think. Any feedback would be great!

2. John Besse

John
    I'm in the market to purchase either a projector a 16x9 TV. I have been reading a few good things about the BenQ 6100 projector and am leaning toward purchasing one. The only concern I have is the BenQ is not a native 16x9 projector. Would I need to purchase a 4:3 screen or could I actually use the 16:9? I was also looking at the Mitsubishi SilverPlus Series (413 models) in a 65". The room I have is dark enough to get rid of most ambient light, and the projector seems the way I really want to go. However, I wanted to get a few suggestions from other people before I make my purchase. If anyone uses BenQ projectors, please let me know what you think. Any feedback would be great!

3. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

If you are planning on watching movies only then I'd get a 16:9 screen other wise get a 4:3 and mask the area off.

I don't notice a lot of light spill when in 16:9 mode!

The Benq is also 50% the cost ofr a RPTV!

Brent

4. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

If you are planning on watching movies only then I'd get a 16:9 screen other wise get a 4:3 and mask the area off.

I don't notice a lot of light spill when in 16:9 mode!

The Benq is also 50% the cost ofr a RPTV!

Brent

5. John Besse

John
    When in 16:9 mode on the BenQ, is it actually going to project the "black bars" since it is a native 4:3 projector? Would I be better off looking into a native 16:9 for DVDs and the little bit of HDTV I would be watching?

6. John Besse

John
    When in 16:9 mode on the BenQ, is it actually going to project the "black bars" since it is a native 4:3 projector? Would I be better off looking into a native 16:9 for DVDs and the little bit of HDTV I would be watching?