What's new

Benigni pulls his family's voice from Pinnoccio dub (1 Viewer)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Because it sucks so hard

He pulled both his and his wife's voice from the project because he's not happy with it. Considering how bad the Life is Beautiful dub was, I'm actually frightened at how bad this one probably is

NO OSL NO SALE!

Brenton

Screenwriter
Hey Jeff, sorry to nitpick, but Pinocchio has one 'n'.

And as for the news, I don't understand why it makes a difference. A dub is a dub, whether it uses the original actors' voices or not.

And if I can't find a nearby theater with subtitles, I'll wait for the DVD.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
It's a tricky situation, though - a good chunk of Pinocchio's audience is going to be young children, and even the ones who can read might have a hard time getting through the dialogue while also paying attention to what looked like some pretty eye-catching visuals in the trailer.

I'm not opposed to dubs on principle, but a good one is very tough to come by.

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
Are any subtitled prints of this going to be making the rounds? I really want to see it but won't if it's dubbed only.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
supposedly there will be some in a "Spirited Away" style where the theater must SPECIFICALLY request it, and are not informed about its existance beforehand

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks