1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Benefits of a flat screen TV??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike_Ped, Aug 22, 2001.

1. Mike_Ped

Mike_Ped Second Unit

I was thinking about buying a new 27" TV for my bedroom setup. Right now I have a toshiba with the standard tube. However, Best Buy (gotta get it there, sweet employee discount) has started carrying the flat screen version of the 27" Toshiba TV. Besides the awesome picture flat screens put out, what are some other benefits? Flat screens come out to about 100$-200$ more so I want to be sure I making a good decision before putting out the extra money. Thanx in advance

2. ThomasL

ThomasL Supporting Actor

Mike, depending on what outputs/features your current Toshiba has, I really don't see too much advantage to upgrading to another 27 inch even if it is a flat screen. It really depends on what features your current set has (e.g. component inputs, surround sound stereo, etc etc.) compared to what the new 27 inch Toshiba flat tube offers.
    The basic advantages to a flat tube are reduced glare problems and some people like the side speaker set up that most flat tubes have.
    hope this helps,
    --tom