What's new

Bend Of The River Problems? (1 Viewer)

Henry V

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone else had any problems with the new Universal DVD of Jimmy Stewart's film BEND OF THE RIVER?
The rest of the Stewart Western DVDs in the new Universal series all played fine for me but I couldn't get this one disc to play properly on either of my players. On my RCA the screen displayed the words INPUT PSSWD:___ on a black background and refused to respond to any other remote commands while on my older Panasonic it displayed the message YOUR SELECTION EXCEEDS YOUR PLAYERS RATING LIMIT. DO YOU WANT TO EXCEED THIS? YES/NO.
I've never seen anything like this from a disc before and I was just wondering if any of the other members had experienced any problems with their copies?
I've heard of disc authoring errors before but the message INPUT PSSWD:___ in place of a screen menu is a new one on me...:frowning:

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
It played fine on my Toshiba.

It sounds like both of your players are configured with parental controls turned on and the the disc was accidentally encoded with the wrong rating.

Henry V

Stunt Coordinator
Eric thanks for the tip,it's much appreciated.
I did make sure the parental control was turned off before trying this again and it still wouldn't play on the newer RCA unit. I'm hoping this isn't a batch problem with this title after I go to the trouble of returning it for a replacement.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I think it's a parental control bug. I got the same message on my sony player, but was always able to get past it and play the disc by answering no to the question "Do you want to change this level". I had the parental control settings turned off, too. Anyway, you are not crazy, or at least not for this reason.

Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks