What's new

Ben Folds - Songs 4 Silverman - Comments? (1 Viewer)

John*K

Stunt Coordinator
Just bought the new Ben Folds (dual disc), and I'm interested in hearing comments/reviews.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Damn, I had no idea there was a new Ben Folds album out. I'll be picking it up on my way home tonight. I love just about everything he does.

BTW, have you been ordering the EP's from his website? Sunny 16 and Speed Graphic are pretty good. I haven't picked up Super D yet.

John*K

Stunt Coordinator
No, I haven't, but I've been thinking about it. I'm afraid I'm not as familiar with his work as I should be.

Actually, I was thinking about buying the deluxe edition directly from the web site. That version includes the Songs for Goldfish EP, but it wasn't clear whether the multi-channel version was also included. So I decided just to get the Dual Disc at Best Buy for those reasons, and because I couldn't wait for mail order! :D I may still go back and get the deluxe edition on principle. I much prefer buying from the artist directly, if I have an opportunity to do so.

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
I haven't bought this yet but am thinking about it. Ben Folds rarely (if ever) disappoints. How is it, John?

_Matt_L_

Auditioning
Real Name
M
The special edition version (the one thats a book basically) does not include the surround version. The special edition does contain a DVD though, which has some behind the scenes/making of the disc videos.

That said you can also order just the Song for Goldfish disc from his website without having to buy another copy of the album.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Well, after listening to SFS a couple of times I can say that I like it.

That said, IMO it's not as good as Rockin the Suburbs. For me, RtS was consistently very good with a number of moments when it's brilliant. SFS, on the other hand, is one notch below...consistently good with a number of moments when it's very good.

At first I was disappointed but I've already upgraded it to 'like' so I'm sure it will continue to grow on me. The same thing happened with The Autobiography..., which I now consider to be Folds best album after RtS.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks