Ben Casey

Lecagr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Lee
Ben Casey S1V1 Disc Four
Episode 13 - 50:25 (no Bing or AMA logo)
Episode 14 - 50:30 (has the Bing logo but no AMA)
Episode 15 - 50:26 (no Bing or AMA)
Episode 16 - 50:28 (has Bing but no AMA)
On to S1V2.
So the main problem with the 1st volume is episode 9 with the 47 minute run time. That isn't too bad. Hopefully there will be similar good news with volume 2. Thanks Gary for posting with the run times.

disctrip

Second Unit
Premium
Real Name
hank freitas
Uh oh, so one edited episode is confirmed so far, episode 9. Not good. Maybe a scene was deleted because of music?
On the back cover of the DVD's it says "Music has been changed for this home entertainment version"

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
No music has been changed. That’s standard copy on all their releases.
Yes, they put similar verbiage on The Beverly Hillbillies and absolutely no music was changed or scenes were edited. Some woman got on Amazon all up in arms claiming "The Giant Jackrabbit" had been edited!

Sky King

Second Unit
Real Name
John
Hi All,

I just received both Vols. 1&2 of Ben Casey and skimmed through them on my Panasonic ST30 hooked up to my surround sound system.
I found the visual quality to be quite acceptable and similar to when I last watched this show on CBN on the early 90's. Some episodes are sharper than others and it makes you imagine how nice it would have been to have a new transfer from 35mm, but I'm not complaining. Some episodes also have occasional "jumpiness" in the video, but it doesn't take away from the viewing enjoyment.
The audio on these 2 sets is very clear with the exception of some occasional slight muddiness at times in some episodes. Although mono, it sounded very nice played through my surround sound system.
As a side note more often then not, the Bing Crosby Productions logo makes an appearance in this set.
Sometimes it's cut short other times it runs completely through followed by the CBS Production logo. Thankfully the Worldvision logo has been eliminated.
In summary, I'm very pleased with this long overdue set and look forward to more releases.

Gary16

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Hi All,

I just received both Vols. 1&2 of Ben Casey and skimmed through them on my Panasonic ST30 hooked up to my surround sound system.
I found the visual quality to be quite acceptable and similar to when I last watched this show on CBN on the early 90's. Some episodes are sharper than others and it makes you imagine how nice it would have been to have a new transfer from 35mm, but I'm not complaining. Some episodes also have occasional "jumpiness" in the video, but it doesn't take away from the viewing enjoyment.
The audio on these 2 sets is very clear with the exception of some occasional slight muddiness at times in some episodes. Although mono, it sounded very nice played through my surround sound system.
As a side note more often then not, the Bing Crosby Productions logo makes an appearance in this set.
Sometimes it's cut short other times it runs completely through followed by the CBS Production logo. Thankfully the Worldvision logo has been eliminated.
In summary, I'm very pleased with this long overdue set and look forward to more releases.
Thank you for confirming my earlier review.

Sky King

Second Unit
Real Name
John
Hi All,

Just skimmed through the Vol 2 set and episode #28 titled, "And Eve Wore a Veil of Tears" not only has the BCP ending, it also has the voice over that goes with this slide. A very complete episode...only thing missing is the original ABC network production slide.
ama.jpg

bmasters9

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Hi All,

Just skimmed through the Vol 2 set and episode #28 titled, "And Eve Wore a Veil of Tears" not only has the BCP ending, it also has the voice over that goes with this slide. A very complete episode...only thing missing is the original ABC network production slide. View attachment 64507
Very complete, and also very authentic to the times!

Lecagr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Lee
Hi All,

Just skimmed through the Vol 2 set and episode #28 titled, "And Eve Wore a Veil of Tears" not only has the BCP ending, it also has the voice over that goes with this slide. A very complete episode...only thing missing is the original ABC network production slide. View attachment 64507
Awesome news, do the episodes in volume 2 all have run times in the 50 minute range?

Reactions: Jeff Flugel

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CalOkie