What's new

Ben Casey (1 Viewer)

Sky King

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
FINALLY !!! :dancing-banana-04:
My Holy Grail has been released. Took long enough.
Hopefully they are unedited and not time sped.
Its seems the former YouTube poster County General was uploading unedited and non time sped Worldvision prints, Hopefully these are the same, a little sharper and minus that crappy Worldvision logo at the end.
Better late than never.

BCP.jpg

Last edited:

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
FINALLY !!! :dancing-banana-04:
My Holy Grail has been released. Took long enough.
Hopefully they are unedited and not time sped.
Its seems the former YouTube poster County General was uploading unedited and non time sped Worldvision prints, Hopefully these are the same, a little sharper and minus that crappy Worldvision logo at the end.
Better late than never.

View attachment 63960

I never knew that Bing Crosby had another logo prior to the one we knew from Hogan's Heroes!

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
Ben ,

That BCP logo was used on the Ben Casey series from 1961 until 1963.
On a side note...isn't it amazing how those supposed "music clearance" issues suddenly cleared up allowing this DVD release.

John
Must be the Capitol library being utilized for the underscores, but Bob Thompson was given on-screen credit for additional music in a season one episode, you know, the guy who wrote the "New Sunset" theme for the final season of "77 Sunset Strip".

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Ben ,
On a side note...isn't it amazing how those supposed "music clearance" issues suddenly cleared up allowing this DVD release.
John

Not sure we can say that yet. Someone theorized earlier that the shortened "My Three Son's" episodes may have been due to cutting out music segments, and not the initially suspected syndicated versions. Easier to cut then to replace. If true, it is quite possible "Ben Casey" may follow a similar path. We will know more when someone receives the first season and can report back the lengths of the episodes.

dstrong

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Damon
Not sure we can say that yet. Someone theorized earlier that the shortened "My Three Son's" episodes may have been due to cutting out music segments, and not the initially suspected syndicated versions. Easier to cut then to replace. If true, it is quite possible "Ben Casey" may follow a similar path. We will know more when someone receives the first season and can report back the lengths of the episodes.

Volume 1 states that it's 799 minutes for 16 episodes, which works out to about 50 minutes for each show. Volume 2 says it's 801 minutes.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Volume 1 states that it's 799 minutes for 16 episodes, which works out to about 50 minutes for each show. Volume 2 says it's 801 minutes.

Yes, and I'm hoping that they are complete. Just saying...IF music clearance was an issue for "Ben Casey", and IF that is how they handled it for "My Three Son's", I'd wait for reviews, if that is a concern.

Guy Foulard

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
This is encouraging. The CBS MOD DVDs for The Young Lawyers were unremastered, but uncut and watchable, so hoping they have full-length, un-sped versions of Ben Casey in the vaults.

Sky King

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
I'm hoping for the visual quality to be at least as good as what I saw on CBN back in the 90's
and that they are unedited and not time sped.
I'm also hoping that the crappy Worldvision logo at the end is replaced with the original Bing Crosby Productions logo, but I'm not holding my breath on that.
I ordered my DVD from Amazon last night and expect it this week.

casey.jpg

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I'm also hoping that the crappy Worldvision logo at the end is replaced with the original Bing Crosby Productions logo, but I'm not holding my breath on that.

I'm hoping it for you! Truth is, though, even if such a thing does not come true, at least we're getting to see Ben Casey for the first time on DVD, so there's that.

Sky King

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Thanks Ben. You're so right.
You probably know how long I've been waiting for this DVD release.
I'll take it in any form as long as its watchable....and hopefully unedited/time sped. ;)

John

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Thanks Ben. You're so right.
You probably know how long I've been waiting for this DVD release.
I'll take it in any form as long as its watchable....and hopefully unedited/time sped. ;)

John

Not a problem-- hope you enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks