What's new

Ben Casey Fans (1 Viewer)

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
You’d be surprised. One might expect them to be “bad girls”, but they’re just misunderstood. 9 times out of 10 they just want a nice man to bring over a 6 pack of Schlitz and a pizza and keep them company while they watch Ben Casey.
I can relate. My women had to enjoy watching The Three Stooges, and I insisted they appreciate the Shemp and Joe Besser episodes too. You think that might be why my marriages never lasted?
icon_e_dunno.gif

Just watched the first episode. Picture quality looked good to me. I’m going to be disappointed when I get to the end of the season and there are no more volumes available.

Edgar 3-shot slow burn.jpg

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
I can relate. My women had to enjoy watching The Three Stooges, and I insisted they appreciate the Shemp and Joe Besser episodes too. You think that might be why my marriages never lasted? View attachment 112836

I guess I'm lucky. My wife likes The Three Stooges (in moderation)...though she's partial to Curly. We both draw the line at Joe Besser. ;)

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
I guess I'm lucky. My wife likes The Three Stooges (in moderation)...though she's partial to Curly. We both draw the line at Joe Besser. ;)
I used to be a huge Three Stooges fan but now I like The Bowery Boys more. Curly is the funniest stooge, up until the time his health problems became noticeable. Joe Besser is funny but his style of comedy isn't everyone's cup of tea.

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
While it's currently looking unlikely for a complete series release of Ben Casey, on the positive side, the complete run of Medical Center has been released, it's also a good show and the episodes are in color.

Sky King

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Just watched the first episode. Picture quality looked good to me. I’m going to be disappointed when I get to the end of the season and there are no more volumes available.
Purple Wig,

I spaced these episodes out as much as I could to make them last. The last episode on this 2 DVD set, left me wanting more.
As you know these were syndication prints so the quality wasn’t bad, but could have been better also.
Lets hope more future releases are in store, but I’m not holding my breath.

John

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
Purple Wig,

I spaced these episodes out as much as I could to make them last. The last episode on this 2 DVD set, left me wanting more.
As you know these were syndication prints so the quality wasn’t bad, but could have been better also.
Lets hope more future releases are in store, but I’m not holding my breath.

John
Sky King,

Never lose hope!

But in the meantime ...

Calling Jeff Flugel Babe-o-supreme alert .... Calling Jeff Flugel Babe-o-supreme alert!!!!

Last edited:

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
While it's currently looking unlikely for a complete series release of Ben Casey, on the positive side, the complete run of Medical Center has been released, it's also a good show and the episodes are in color.
I picked up the complete series in 7 separate sets from Warner Archives. I’m just finishing season 3 and enjoying the show a lot.

Sky King

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
The 1960’s,

Little known fact about Edwards…
his addiction to gambling was so bad at one time, that it ended up driving Sam Jaffee away from the show. He’d frequently hit his Ben Casey co workers up for gambling money. It also affected his personal life.
Toward the end of his life he saw the evils of such an addiction and he ended up helping others overcome their gambling addiction.

John

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks