1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

International Belle De Jour 50th Anniversary blu ray 4K restoration StudioCanal Region B

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by titch, Oct 4, 2017.

1. titch

titch Supporting Actor

Kevin Oppegaard
    I'm sure there are fans of this erotic masterpiece wondering whether the region B StudioCanal restoration is worth the plunge. I've just received my copy of StudioCanal's 4K restoration of Belle De Jour that was shown at Cannes this year. It's lovely - a comparison with the Criterion leaves the Criterion looking more grainy/noisy, whereas the StudioCanal picture is much fresher and crisper (without any over enthusiastic grain removal). The colour grading is also substantially different - everything from fleshtones to the verdant nature looks more lively on the restored version. A much better restoration than the very disappointing La Strada "restoration" that came out in June. I took a few screenshots with my phone but they really don't do justice to the picture, especially in motion. The StudioCanal is region "B" locked. It cost me $30, including expedited shipping.

Attached Files:

plektret, Ken Koc and Robin9 like this.
  2. Ken Koc

Ken Koc Screenwriter

Ken Koc
    It is a beautiful transfer!

3. Message #3 of 3 Dec 16, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
    Jeff Adkins

Jeff Adkins Cinematographer

Jeff Adkins
    Is this the version that's included in the Bunuel box set from SC?

Edit: Looks like it is. I need to order this set.