What's new

Press Release USHE Press Release: Belfast (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
87ddb5b3-3d09-482c-bd74-9f2cd4a4ac0f.png

NOMINATED FOR 11 CRITIC’S CHOICE AWARDS® INCLUDING BEST PICTURE, THE EXTRAORDINARY COMING-OF-AGE STORY IS AVAILABLE TO OWN FOR THE FIRST TIME WITH NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN BONUS CONTENT AND AN EXCLUSIVE ALTERNATE ENDING
4087b75e-a959-2da3-ce95-f951cfc7e5b7.png
CAITRÍONA BALFE, JUDI DENCH, JAMIE DORNAN,
CIARÁN HINDS & JUDE HILL DELIVER TIMELESS PERFORMANCES IN ONE OF THIS YEAR’S MOST ACCLAIMED FILMS FROM OSCAR® NOMINATED WRITER/DIRECTOR KENNETH BRANAGH

OWN IT ON DIGITAL FEBRUARY 8, 2022
BLU-RAYTM AND DVD MARCH 1, 2022
FROM UNIVERSAL PICTURES HOME ENTERTAINMENT
"The best picture of the year, no doubt" - Pete Hammond, Deadline
2172dd69-de51-88ac-d5a1-61912f6e2ba9.png
Universal City, California, February 1, 2022 – An intimate and moving story of childhood memories hailed by critics as a “soaring cinematic triumph” (Mark Johnson, Awards Daily), BELFAST is available to own for the first time on Digital February 8, 2022 and on Blu-ray™, DVD and On Demand March 1, 2022 from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment. Written and directed by Academy Award® nominee Kenneth Branagh (Henry V), BELFAST on Blu-ray™, DVD and Digital comes packed with all-new bonus content including a heart-warming alternate ending featuring Kenneth Branagh, deleted scenes, and featurettes about Branagh’s brilliant vision, the characters, and spectacular filming locations, plus personal childhood memories from the cast drawing audiences deeper into the authentic story about the power of family and community.

Featuring an incredibly talented and dynamic ensemble cast that has been nominated for Critics Choice®and SAG® Awards, the “unforgettable” (Stephen Farber, The Hollywood Reporter) film that top critics and audiences can’t stop talking about stars BAFTA Award® winner Caitríona Balfe (Outlander), Academy Award® winner Judi Dench (No Time to Die), Jamie Dornan (Fifty Shades of Grey franchise), Ciarán Hinds (Harry Potter franchise), Colin Morgan (Legend) and rising star Jude Hill in his feature film debut. Winner of more audience awards than any film this year, BELFAST has been nominated for over 195 awards to-date including 11 Critic’s Choice Awards® and a total of 13 Best Picture nominations as well as PGA® and DGA® Awards nominations for Branagh.

BELFAST is a poignant story of love, laughter and loss in one boy’s childhood amid the music and social tumult of the late 1960s. Buddy’s family lives in a largely Protestant district with a few Catholic families, but one day his community and everything he thought he understood about life is suddenly turned upside down. Buddy’s family gets caught in the mayhem and must decide to stay or leave the only place they have ever called home. Through it all, his passionate parents (Balfe and Dornan) and quick-witted grandparents (Dench and Hinds) keep the joy alive through music and the magic of movies in this feel-good story that reminds us that no matter how far you go, you never forget where you came from.

BLU-RAY, DVD & DIGITAL EXCLUSIVE BONUS FEATURES:
  • Alternate Ending featuring Kenneth Branagh – Commentary with Writer/Director Kenneth Branagh
  • Deleted Scenes – Commentary with Writer/Director Kenneth Branagh
  • A City of Stories: The Making of BELFAST – Go behind the scenes of BELFAST with cast and crew to learn more about the characters, filming location and Kenneth’s childhood in Ireland.
  • Everyone’s Inner Child – Kenneth Branagh, Jamie Dornan, Caitríona Balfe, Ciarán Hinds, and Judi Dench reminisce about their childhoods.
  • Feature Commentary with Writer/Director Kenneth Branagh
BELFAST will be available on Blu-ray™, DVD and Digital.
  • Blu-ray™ unleashes the power of your HDTV and is the best way to watch movies at home, featuring 6X the picture resolution of DVD, exclusive extras and theater-quality surround sound.
  • Digital lets fans watch movies anywhere on their favorite devices. Users can instantly buy or rent.
  • The Movies Anywhere Digital App simplifies and enhances the digital movie collection and viewing experience by allowing consumers to access their favorite digital movies in one place when purchased or redeemed through participating digital retailers. Consumers can also redeem digital copy codes found in eligible Blu-rayTM and DVD disc packages from participating studios and stream or download them through Movies Anywhere. Movies Anywhere is available only in the United States.
FILMMAKERS:
Cast: Caitríona Balfe, Judi Dench, Jamie Dornan, Ciarán Hinds, Colin Morgan and introducing Jude Hill
Casting By: Lucy Bevan & Emily Brockmann
First Assistant Director: Martin Curry
Co-Producer: Célia Duval
Music By: Van Morrison
Hair & Make-up Designer: Wakana Yoshihara
Costume Designer: Charlotte Walter
Editor: Úna Ní Dhonghaíle, ACE BFE
Production Designer: Jim Clay
Director of Photography: Haris Zambarloukos, BSC GSC
Produced By: Laura Berwick, Kenneth Branagh, Becca Kovacik & Tamar Thomas
Written & Directed By: Kenneth Branagh

TECHNICAL INFORMATION BLU-RAY:
Street Date: March 1, 2022
Selection Number: 1000810309 (US) / 1000810445 (CDN)
Layers: BD-50
Aspect Ratio: 16:9, 1.85:1 Widescreen
Rating: R for language
Languages/Subtitles: English SDH, Spanish and French Subtitles
Sound: English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, French and Spanish DTS Digital Surround 5.1 (Feature), English Dolby Digital 2.0 (Bonus)
Run Time: 2 hours, 19 minutes

TECHNICAL INFORMATION DVD:
Street Date: March 1, 2022
Selection Number: 1000810308 (US) / 1000810444 (CDN)
Layers: DVD-9
Aspect Ratio: 16:9, 1.85:1 Widescreen
Rating: R for language
Languages/Subtitles: English SDH, Spanish and French Subtitles
Sound: English, French and Spanish Dolby Digital 5.1 (Feature), English Dolby Digital 2.0 (Bonus)
Run Time: 2 hours, 19 minutes

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I've actually had this order in with Amazon since November, and at that time there was no release date listed. So it is good to know that there is one now. It is a phenomenal movie.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Gruv.com (Universal's own retailer) is listing the release date as 3/1/22.

Aye, and I'm definitely tempted to blind-preorder it from them for $16+tax shipped (after applying their perpetual 20% coupon)...

That's more than I usually spend on a BD anymore, but this seems worth it enough, especially as a preorder...

Only thing stopping me is I bet they'll drop that price to $13.99 or similar (before coupon) just a month or two after release as they seem to do quite often, eg. the Dear Evan Hansen BD just dropped to that price on Gruv.com after just 1 month and change...

_Man_

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Aye, and I'm definitely tempted to blind-preorder it from them for $16+tax shipped (after applying their perpetual 20% coupon)...

That's more than I usually spend on a BD anymore, but this seems worth it enough, especially as a preorder...

Only thing stopping me is I bet they'll drop that price to $13.99 or similar (before coupon) just a month or two after release as they seem to do quite often, eg. the Dear Evan Hansen BD just dropped to that price on Gruv.com after just 1 month and change...

_Man_

OTOH, they still haven't dropped the price on the Carlito's Way 4K disc (as I keep waiting) while dropping the price on many other 4K discs in the meantime, so who knows... :P

_Man_

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Glad to see this will have a commentary with Branaugh. I'll definitely give that a listen.

The Movies Anywhere logo being on the top strip seems new to me and I don't like it. It's distracting. Oh well.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
FWIW, this is also available in 4K on digital, which probably complicates the situation a bit for some of us...

Too bad Universal didn't bother w/ 4K disc release...

_Man_

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Too bad Universal didn't bother w/ 4K disc release...
Didn't Parasite get released on Blu-ray first and come out on 4K later, after its Oscar wins? If Belfast is highly decorated at this year's ceremony, perhaps Universal will do the same thing here.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Perhaps so... since Parasite was also a Universal title w/ the initial BD also released around similar time that year (though a month earlier)...

I guess more reason for me to hold off -- I held off just long enough for the 4K disc release of Parasite as well... though not the eventual Criterion BD...

Interesting the (4K?) digital will be available to own next week, 3 full weeks ahead of the BD release... Don't recall, but has Universal done that before?

_Man_

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Interesting the (4K?) digital will be available to own next week, 3 full weeks ahead of the BD release... Don't recall, but has Universal done that before?

Yes - that’s basically been the SOP with all the major studios for several years now. The title first becomes available for digital purchase, and then is made available on physical media at the same time digital rental becomes an option.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Yes - that’s basically been the SOP with all the major studios for several years now. The title first becomes available for digital purchase, and then is made available on physical media at the same time digital rental becomes an option.

I don't really recall this being the case (wrt ownership, instead of rental) w/ Universal, but at least in this case, they're apparently also/actually making digital rental available first (probably due to the pandemic situation, which of course is not surprising and seems commonplace nowadays)...

I just seem to recall some complaints about Universal not getting their act together on the 4K digital side to match their 4K disc releases for the usual DC redemptions and such in the couple years or so... although they were mainly for catalog titles AFAIK...

_Man_

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I don't really recall this being the case (wrt ownership, instead of rental) w/ Universal, but at least in this case, they're apparently also/actually making digital rental available first (probably due to the pandemic situation, which of course is not surprising and seems commonplace nowadays)...

I can assure you this has been SOP for some time. For years, new release movies have been made available for purchase on digital platforms before reaching physical media.

In terms of rental, Belfast is not currently available for a standard digital rental. It is currently available as a PVOD rental, meaning “premium video on demand”. The platforms I use are charging $20 for it. When I referred earlier to the cycle of a film and said digital rental would be available coinciding with the physical release, I was referring to non-premium rentals at a price point around $3.99 - $5.99.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks