Maybe some of you will remember my first experience with the Ultracurve DSP8024 from Behringer - I hated the thing's guts. Well, fast forward two weeks. I finally reprogrammed the EPROM - a very easy task that took maybe 30 seconds. I am stunned by the change - NOW the thing is worth it. What does the upgrade fix? + Turn on / off "THUMP"! + Auto-EQ now works correctly. + I'm sure lots of other things. Short story. My equipment is comprised of a Harman Kardon integrated amp, a Sony MiniDisc player and a pair of JBL Control LA speakers, plus a Cerwin Vega! Sensurround passive subwoofer. After upgrading the firmware to V1.3B, I set up the microphone, configured the Ultracurve, and let the dsp do its thing. In about 2 minutes a curve had been created for my speakers. I cut off the boost in the 20-35 hertz region and in the 16-20Khz and proceeded to listen. Ugly. At least it sounded like that. At first. What was wrong? Nothing - I was just listening to my speakers the way they were meant to sound. I noticed that my sub - sat ensemble had a tremendous low end boost, due to the positioning of the seating area and the subwoofer. Besides, the main speakers have a lower sensitivity rating than the sub, so the whole thing was a bit misadjusted (to say the least). The Ultracurve cured all that. Now the sound is natural, real, lean, crisp, and clear. It sounds exactly like my Sennheiser 580 headphones - that good. I can actually say I went out and listened to my MartinLogan speakers, and found them colored (although they do sound a lot clearer and detailed than the JBLs). I can't believe it. I now enjoy a bit more my cheap mini-monitors than my Martin-Logans. Maybe I'll buy another Ultracurve with the Digital input option, and connect it to my MartinLogans. Highly recommended stuff. I'm a happy guy now. ra!