What's new

Behringer power amps - good bang for the buck? (1 Viewer)

Mattak

Stunt Coordinator
How are the Behringer EuroPower EP2500 or EP1500 amps? The EP2500 for $300 shipped seems to be a pretty good bang for the buck.

Would be used as bass amp, or possibly full range mains sometime.

Opinions? Other suggestions?

EvanW

Stunt Coordinator
Its a PA amp personally ive never heard one if u were using it to drive passive subs it might work good for that but for mains i dont know if i would.

FeisalK

Screenwriter
There are some nice reviews about the CarverPro professional power amps (here's one) in AudioAsylum (they are Tripath powered). Search for ZR-1000

probably a bit more than Behringers, but people are powering mains with them

Mattak

Stunt Coordinator
Let's say I'm only looking to power sub/subs right now, I can worry about mains later if necessary (I have something for mains for the time being).

JimPeitersen

Second Unit
Many people have commented that they are almost direct copies of the QSC RMX series (which are made in Asia as well). Whether they will survive significant abuse remains to be seen, but they do seem to be a good value.
JP

FeisalK

Screenwriter
Pro amps are engineered for abuse, IMHO, especially if they are intended for stage/touring applications

Chris Brock

Second Unit
I have worked with them several times now. I currently have 1 running my IB that houses 2 BP1804 drivers. I also just installed a 1500 and a 2500 at a local youth center for a DJ/live performance system. In all cases they perform rock solid and power output is down right scary.

Mattak

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks very much for the responses. I went ahead and ordered one.

Chris - what are you using for a low-pass xo?

Chris Brock

Second Unit
currently just the built in xover on my reciever. It is set at 80hz and I am also using a BFD for eq corrections. I have it running in bridged mono at 8ohms. also the fan seems to be much less noticable then some of my previous experiances with pro amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks