Behringer feedback destroyer pro - some questions

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Harry Lincoln, Nov 21, 2001.

1. Harry Lincoln

Harry Lincoln Stunt Coordinator

Ive been thinking of getting the BFD pro to use as an e.q. for my sonosubs. Looking at the back panel on the website it appears to have XLR connectors. How do I plug the RCA sub out of my receiver into this unit, and how do I connect the unit to the power amp (probably a QSC or Yammie xs350).

Does the BFD have a subsonic filter built in or should I go for an amp that has one?

I have two identical subs(shiva) located side by side, I am assuming one BFD would be all I need to e.q. both subs?

I have looked at the Yammie website and it lists their power amps as having 'barrier-strip' connectors-what are these?

Harry.

2. Bruce N

Bruce N Second Unit

Hi Harry! The BFD also has 1/4" connectors, like a guitar plug. I got 1/4" to RCA adapters at Radio Shack.

The BFD does not have a subsonic filter and supposedly has no effect below 20Hz. I sold my BFD and just won an auction on Ebay for a Rane PE-17 for $215 with shipping and I look forward to having a subsonic filter. It should really take a load off the SV subs in my large room.

The BFD actually has two channels of twelve filters each. You only need to use one channel then use a Y or flip the summing switch on the amp depending on your situation.

I'm not sure what a "barrier-strip" connector is.

Hope this helps!

Bruce

3. Harry Lincoln

Harry Lincoln Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for your help bruce.

Harry

4. Kimmo Jaskari

Kimmo Jaskari Screenwriter

I think I read somewhere that the BFD can be switched to use all 24 fields for one channel only? Or was I just dreaming?

5. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne