What's new

Behringer feedback destroyer pro - some questions (1 Viewer)

Harry Lincoln

Stunt Coordinator
Ive been thinking of getting the BFD pro to use as an e.q. for my sonosubs. Looking at the back panel on the website it appears to have XLR connectors. How do I plug the RCA sub out of my receiver into this unit, and how do I connect the unit to the power amp (probably a QSC or Yammie xs350).

Does the BFD have a subsonic filter built in or should I go for an amp that has one?

I have two identical subs(shiva) located side by side, I am assuming one BFD would be all I need to e.q. both subs?

I have looked at the Yammie website and it lists their power amps as having 'barrier-strip' connectors-what are these?

Harry.

Bruce N

Second Unit
Hi Harry! The BFD also has 1/4" connectors, like a guitar plug. I got 1/4" to RCA adapters at Radio Shack.

The BFD does not have a subsonic filter and supposedly has no effect below 20Hz. I sold my BFD and just won an auction on Ebay for a Rane PE-17 for $215 with shipping and I look forward to having a subsonic filter. It should really take a load off the SV subs in my large room.

The BFD actually has two channels of twelve filters each. You only need to use one channel then use a Y or flip the summing switch on the amp depending on your situation.

I'm not sure what a "barrier-strip" connector is.

Hope this helps!

Bruce

Kimmo Jaskari

Screenwriter
I think I read somewhere that the BFD can be switched to use all 24 fields for one channel only? Or was I just dreaming?

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I have looked at the Yammie website and it lists their power amps as having 'barrier-strip' connectors-what are these?
Barrier strips are used on pro amps for permanent installations. They are screw lugs to accept the balanced input signal (+), (-), and shield connections. The signal wire is stripped back and pink spade lugs are crimped to the shield and the other two wires. This is more economical and practical in a permanent installation. No need to use expensive connectors if the signal cable isn’t going to be plugged in and out all the time (as would be the case with gear that moves from gig to gig).

Regards,

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks