Behringer FBD tape monitor loop

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike J LeBlanc, Jan 27, 2002.

1. Mike J LeBlanc

Mike J LeBlanc Auditioning

In this forum most are using the Behringer FBD for just the subwoofer. I was wondering if the Behringer FBD could be used in the tape monitor loop so I could equalize the mains and the subwoofer at the same time. I have an older Pioneer VSX 3800 that has no connection for a sub.

2. BruceD

BruceD Screenwriter

Since the BFD does an A/D - D/A cycle on the signal, I would not recommend putting it on the mains. This has little audible effect on the sub channel, but will be noticable on the main channels.

3. Mike J LeBlanc

Thanks BruceD

Does any one know of a stereo parametric equalizer that can be connected to the tape monitor loop to equalize the mains and subwoofer at the same time that would work ok setup this way.

Thanks

Mike

4. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    Ashly makes a stereo parametric, and I think Symetrix does, too. You could also use a pair of mono units from Rane. There are other professional brands, from cheap (Behringer also has an analog parametric) to expensive (Klark or BSS), but Ashly et. al. give the HT user the most bang for the buck.

Regards,

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

5. Mike J LeBlanc

Thanks Wayne

I'm new to this stuff. You said Behringer also has an analog parametric. I'm not sure what model that would be. They have so many products on there site. Do you know which one I should be looking at.

Thanks

Mike