Behringer Europower 2500 Fan questions

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Eric A, Apr 13, 2004.

1. Eric A

Eric A Second Unit

I just purchased the Behringer and I think it is going to suite my needs very well. I was wondering if anyone out there had any success installing a quieter fan. I would love to keep this amp in my rack along with my BFD but I cannot with the sound the fan is emmitting. Let me know if there are any options. Thanks.

2. Dennis XYZ

Dennis XYZ Stunt Coordinator

Since the Behringer is a QSC clone, I imagine the same quiet fans would work. QSC uses a 24 volt fan and these models are said to be pretty quiet.

Delta AUB0824L
    Delta AFB0824L
    Panaflo (Panasonic) FBA08A24L
    Papst TYP8414L
    SanyoDenki 109RO824H402

3. Eric A

Eric A Second Unit

Dennis,
    Thanks for the help. I have done a google search for each of those you listed and cannot find one. Can you help me out on where to find these online? Als, can these just be dropped into this amp? Thanks.

4. Gabriel_Lam

Gabriel_Lam Screenwriter

5. Eric A

Eric A Second Unit

Gabriel,
    Thanks for the link. I would order one but the require a $25 minimum order. Any other possibilties? Another problem is than many I am finding are 3 lead fans and the one in the amp is a 2 lead. The 3rd lead is for a sensor. Would I be in trouble by using a 3 lead and not connecting the sensor lead? Also, what db fan should I be looking for? I disassembled the Behringer tonight and took out the fan. I did a search and came up with 42db on its specs. The quietest one I can find is 29db. I think that would make an appreciable difference. What do you think? Thanks.