Behringer Equalizer

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by FrantzM, Mar 16, 2003.

1. FrantzM

FrantzM Stunt Coordinator

Hi Forum

I have been using for a good while an incredible product. I use it in all my installations as a tool as a device to produce the flattest BASS frequency response. I do not use for the whole system only for the subs where it really shines.

I was prompted to post this because I have seen posts about many eqaulizers for good bass response bu never a mention of this good and cheap equalizer: the Behringer DSP-8024. The things one can do with this equalizer are just flat-out incredible. I do not use to equalize the main system just the subs, I am purist , sorry but for subs and at the price it is very difficult to do better if not impossible... It is completely digital and you can vary the phase of your sub with respect to the main spekaers by tenths of degrees( Actually it has a delay function from o to 2.5 seconds, the granulation is about 0.1 msec). It is a two-channel unit you can use two subs with it and equalize them separetely... Incredible in my opinion and priced right... It is a professional product and comes with XLR ot Bantam not RCA, It has 31 bands and has a parametric equalilzer whereyou can adjust the frequencies by 1/60 th of an octave not 1/6 no typo 1/60 sixtieth.... Three bands on the Parametric side the price is out of this world... les than 250 US Dollars.

http://www.behringer.com/02_products...P8024&lang=eng

Oh!! it comes with a spectrun Amnalyzer and a fair one to boot... Its Sound Pressure Level meter is much better than the RS, Gals and Guys by Far...

It can accept a digital input!! as an option. I really would like to know the opinion of the collective on this unit.

Frantz
    Port-au-Prince, Haiti

2. ColinM

ColinM Cinematographer

This isn't news really. Many prefer the BFD (1124) over anything with a 31 band attached.

A good product to have around if one needs it, though, yes.

3. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    The 8024 is not unknown at this Forum, but like Colin said, most here prefer the 1124 Feedback Destroyer. But I know there are some members that have the 8024, like Javier Huerta.

I didn’t know it had the delay feature – very useful. However, the digital inputs aren't useful to the home theater user - until someone makes a receiver with digital outputs.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

4. FrantzM

FrantzM Stunt Coordinator

:b

This list is simply amazing. The BFD, Behringer Feedback Destroyer is a better unit. It should be standard fare in an HT. I thank you all for continuously learning so much from you.

What a Forum! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I am pleased

[​IMG]

Frantz

5. ColinM

ColinM Cinematographer

[​IMG]