Behringer EP vs. Crown XLS

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Niti, Jun 11, 2005.

1. Niti

Niti Extra

I am looking to purchase an amp or two to drive my 4 ohm front speakers. I know that these are power amps that fit my budget at around 200-400. But, I need your opinion as to which is better and recommended. The pros/cons would be nice also. DO both cause thumps, fan noises, reliability, sound, performance, etc.? Any inputs would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!![​IMG]

2. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

Hopefully, with newer pro audio amps, a "soft" power on feature is standard, so you shouldn't get any thumps. My Nady operates this way - not a hiccup, thump, bump, etc.

Most pro audio amps are going to suffer from fan noise - unless you buy the upper Crown amps, where they don't have fans. Most people who are bothered by fan noise, have replaced the fans with more silent computer case fans. I did such a mod - and my Nady is virtually silent and never gets warm because the 26 dBA fans keep it cool ... and silent.

As far as choosing between the Crown and the Behringer, flip a coin. I don't think either one will let you down.