Behringer Crossovers?

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by DanielGM, Feb 15, 2004.

1. DanielGM

DanielGM Stunt Coordinator

Anyone have experience with Behringer crossovers? What are your thoughts?

SUPER-X PRO CX2310
    SUPER-X PRO CX3400
    ULTRADRIVE PRO DCX2496

is what I am talking about

thanks in advance

2. Todd Shore

Todd Shore Stunt Coordinator

I've got a few of the 3400's and have compared them against a couple of other analog active crossovers - a PSR and a Loft. The 3400 is decent, especially for the money. I currently use them configured as 4-ways.

3. Jerry Parker

Jerry Parker Stunt Coordinator

Ive got the DCX 2496. Allows amazing flexibility in crossover and eq functions.

The only downside I can think of is that it takes awhile to set up due to its indepth options.

4. Todd Shore

Todd Shore Stunt Coordinator

With the 2310 and 3400 you will need to use drivers with flat passbands and are limited to 4th order slopes while the DCX2496 opens up more options, including being able to compensate for baffle step and driver anomolies.

5. DanielGM

DanielGM Stunt Coordinator

thanks for the opinions everyone

6. Empirefan70

Empirefan70 Agent

Been running the Behringer DCX2496 loudspeaker crossover manger for over a year now and its features are indispensable. I’ve modified the my three matching JBL control 5 with separate LF and HF made the necessary adjustments to the crossover points and accessed at least 10 bands of EQ.

7 bands for the LF LCR
    4 bands for the HF LCR

The lower or steeper the crossover point the less EQ I get to manage the LCR fronts. I’ll be focusing on the DEQ2496 when I’ve got the budget this will allow me, to install two primary EQ for LCR and the fourth channel might be used for sub bass, thou I do have BFQ2496 up and running at present, I’m just not too crazy about it, as it’s a (real pigs ear to set-up) but its doing a fine tasks at the moment, and so is the DCX2496.

Bass is warm mid range I’ve controlled to allow or to give the impression the fronts are large than they appear. Audio limiters are engaged for LCR LF and HF to provide protection from harmful dynamic peaks.

The dynamic EQ can’t be engaged because I’ve used up a lot of filters, unless I can find a way around it to sneak a few in as I’ve noticed in the past but it’s a bit iffy.