Behind The Sun: my best rental in ages

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Drew Bethel, Jan 6, 2003.

1. Drew Bethel

Drew Bethel Screenwriter

This film has defintely cracked my top 10 movies. It was simply delightful to get away from the typical hollywood movie that's so predictable and cookie-cutter. Anyone else seen this film? Here's a summary from Netflix:

From Walter Salles, director of the Oscar-winning film Central Station, comes an adaptation of the Ismaïl Kadaré novel Broken April. In a Hatfields-and-McCoys-type feud, two Brazilian families have long battled each other for ownership of worthless desert land. One by one, members of the Breves and Ferreiras families are murdered, leaving the surviving males to seek vengeance in a never-ending cycle of hate.

2. Edwin Pereyra

Edwin Pereyra Producer

I like the manner in which Walter Salles dealt with the complex issues of blind traditions, answering violence with violence and a hope for change. Behind The Sun is metaphorically and poetically striking, subliminal and ironic in its approach.
    ~Edwin

3. Elizabeth S

Elizabeth S Producer

Elizabeth S
    Really enjoyed this film as well.

4. MarcVH

MarcVH Second Unit

My wife actually rented it by mistake; she thought she was renting _Behind Enemy Lines_ but the case with the artwork and the binder with the DVD didn't go together. I think I liked it more than I would have liked the one she meant to rent.

5. Drew Bethel

Drew Bethel Screenwriter

Whew...good to see people willing to watch other films besides LOTR! [​IMG]